• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which is your preferred limited overs format?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Dissector

International Debutant
I prefer a great ODI to a great TT game but an average TT game to an average ODI. Since there are more average games than great games my vote goes to TT.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the icc has stated that in regards to ftp they want 20/20 cricket to be more of a domestic affair ... i think in theory it sounds fine, however if its pushed only at domestic level and is going pretty well ie.. ipl and shortly epl and spl are about to get off the ground.. this domestic/franchise type game is only going to filter up towards international series. because up incoming players are going to want to be on world stage to score contracts etc.

Jakester1288

International Regular
20-20 for me.

Get rid of the 50 over format and keep both the contempory fans and cricket purists happy by having 6 tests and 10 x T20's per summer.

That way, the internationals could play county/state cricket too and rejuvinate that too.

Gimme a job ICC!
You're joking right?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Today has been a very entertaining day. Three good matches, I know people love the length of a good cricket match - I myself do - but the T20 WC is just awesome,l like the footy WC you get to see games galore in the early stages. Love it. T20 ftw.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Today has been a very entertaining day. Three good matches, I know people love the length of a good cricket match - I myself do - but the T20 WC is just awesome,l like the footy WC you get to see games galore in the early stages. Love it. T20 ftw.
Was a great call getting it all done in the space of three weeks too. Will make it feel like less of a drag and more of a festival.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yep. Have always in general been sceptical of 3-team groups, but it seems to work, you get through the matches and keep people interested. The key to a great tournament is that people want more when it ends, which obviously didn't happen with the ODI WC. Although a lot of that was to do with the general **** nature of some of the games.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
There's too many folk stuck in the past for T20 to be favoured, who legitimise it by calling themselves traditionalists and safeguards of cricket etc.

It will take years for this bias to fade away and for the overwhelming majority to look at all the formats objectively.
The bias is definitely there and its mostly due to the fond memories ODI cricket had created. When T20 has done the same (which it mostly certainly already has for a lot of people, just ask the Dutch), such polls will start to favor them. Personally, I'm a bit split between the two.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
People often alleged that the reason we English didn't like ODIs was because we suck at them. We are comfortably better at 50 overs than 20 though, yet T20 is probably more popular here than anywhere, don't know what my point is, maybe that it sucks being English?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One thing that's always been said at English fans preferring 20/20 to 50-over stuff, is that it's because we're crap at the longer version.

Hey now we're much worse at the shorter format, and I still prefer it. Thouroughly enjoyed this tournament, the Dutch match was brilliant even with the result:)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Interesting points in the two posts above, and entirely different to each other at that...

Just posting to say that I tried the brown sauce, very much a non-event.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's alright with chips, but you have to have it with an English breakfast for the full effect. Not sure if you eat meat etc, but it's awesome with bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umm, yeah that was quite embarrassing.

Copying GIMH, even accidental, is rather humiliating :shy:

Don't like Brown Sauce or tomato sauce, terribly unenglish of me.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yeah I eat halal meat and stuff but not pork products. Its just that it was a bit of a let down after everyone raving on about it.
The meat up here is almost all halal. Funny because when i was in Belfast i didn't even know what the word meant. I'd never heard it before.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The meat up here is almost all halal. Funny because when i was in Belfast i didn't even know what the word meant. I'd never heard it before.
Over here we have to drive 50 miles to get halal meat, its the complete opposite in Glasgow and London to some extent. Even ate at a McDonald's that served halal meat. Ate so much minced meat pizza I gained 4 lbs.