• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Onions with a great start to his test career. Must have been an amazing feeling for him when he got that 5th wicket.

England well on top as they always should be against the West Indies, especially at home.

Anderson just got Gayle out, 14 for1. Very quiet for Gayle this match.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dear the moderation team,

A few days ago I requested the banning of a member of these forums, sammy2. I was not alone in this request. You agreed with the sentiments and banned him for 6 months, for which we were all grateful.

However, in light of today's events, please reinstate him. I need a good chuckle at what he would have to say about this.

Yours faithfully
GIMH
(GeraintIsMyHero)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson gets Sarwan as well, good to see he's come to the part this innings. Lets hope we can get Chanders before the close

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
See this is why test matches shouldn't start on a Wednesday. At this rate I'll have nothing to watch this weekend :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair one mate :)

In 06 I went the Pakistan Test, I wanted day 3 tickets but Lancs rang me and asked me to choose between day 2 and 4, I went with 2, good plan, the match ended the next day

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I have not seen a ball of todays play, so this is a genuine question.

From what Ive seen of Onions he appears to be a bowler that will frustrate and take advantage of ill-disciplined batting. Was that the case or did he blitz them?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have not seen a ball of todays play, so this is a genuine question.

From what Ive seen of Onions he appears to be a bowler that will frustrate and take advantage of ill-disciplined batting. Was that the case or did he blitz them?
No he bowled genuinely well- 5/38 off 9.3 aren't the figures of a stifler. Bowled fast- around 90mph at times- accurate, moved the ball both ways and got excellent bounce and carry.

That makes him sound like Superman, so i'll qualify by saying he didn't get the big wickets- just Simmons, Ramdin and the tail.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome to England, Mr Gayle. I hope you enjoyed your in-flight entertainment and your 2 dismissals in one afternoon. Proud of how you've led your team so far?

Pheobe

Banned
Welcome to England, Mr Gayle. I hope you enjoyed your in-flight entertainment and your 2 dismissals in one afternoon. Proud of how you've led your team so far?
WI might be thinking he could have stayed back in SA with his IPL team. Dropped a sitter and added nothing to the batting.