• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Atul Sharma

Whats going on?

• Total voters

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably unintentionally, but he's likely right. If he bowls consistently at 150kph, can you see the selectors choosing Praveen Kumar or Munaf Patel over him for the World T20? After all, they are not the sharpist knives in the drawer.
Praveen Kumar is a bit of a Swiss Army Knife, so he can't be out of it totally.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
what the heck?if he any good and as fast as advertised he will not play in FC cricket at all.
if he wow's everbody in the IPL then he has a spot in the national team-its that simple.
We have seen this before with players in the IPL before.
He needs FC activity so that he stays fit and running. Since he has nearly zero chance of proving himself in IPL, he may have to blitz through a few Ranji sides to get recognised.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
He needs FC activity so that he stays fit and running. Since he has nearly zero chance of proving himself in IPL, he may have to blitz through a few Ranji sides to get recognised.
why do you say that?-i think he would have played had he not injured his shoulder while fielding in a practice game.

ret

International Debutant
if he performs well in IPL, he could see the doors opening up for him

T20 is tough on bowlers and if he can come up with noticeable performances then he could find himself in the India squad. And there is nothing wrong in it, have heard of Imran Khan picking out talent and playing them .... on othe other hand, if he does reasonably well, there would be FC sides wanting to pick him up too

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
why do you say that?-i think he would have played had he not injured his shoulder while fielding in a practice game.
Maybe, but once the IPL ends, he'll have to sign up with one FC team, to play until he gets a match for India.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
he'd have to play some grade cricket just for the look of the thing, there's few FC teams who would certainly want him in their squad, but how many games he would actually get is debatable. He could be a classic case of the quicker they come the quicker they go to the fence, he looks a bit up and down to me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ludicrous. This is going to destroy Indian Test cricket.
Lol, your post is almost as ludicrous as the post you quoted.

I didn't see Yusuf Pathan or Gony playing test cricket in the last 12 months. Did you?

Test team is as solid and secure as ever, its impossible to get in there!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year

I didn't see Yusuf Pathan or Gony playing test cricket in the last 12 months. Did you?

Gony is a waste of space and Yusuf Pathan has been an established FC player for quite some time, and quite good at that. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Atul Sharma gobbles up several Ranji teams in his debut season, IPL or no IPL. That should get him in.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
We get that the guy is built like a truck, and can lift up Kenya, but there's more to bowling than strength! Unless he can bowl like 125mph, he's not going to be able to get out world-class batsmen by running very fast, he's going to have to bowl the right lines and lengths to work batsmen out, a skill which I doubt has been trained very much by not playing cricket in however long it's been.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
he'd have to play some grade cricket just for the look of the thing, there's few FC teams who would certainly want him in their squad, but how many games he would actually get is debatable. He could be a classic case of the quicker they come the quicker they go to the fence, he looks a bit up and down to me.
Like I said earlier, it all depends on the team for which he plays, apart from fitness of course. He won't get a game for Mumbai or Delhi, where there are more than three competing for a spot in the team. He won't get into Punjab (Gagandeep, Gony, VRV), Baroda (Irfan, Munaf and maybe Murtaza Vora) or UP (RP Singh, Tyagi, both Kumars) because they have settle pace lineups, but he can lead some others. Hopefully he won't become a perpetual injury worry like VRV Singh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Gony is a waste of space and Yusuf Pathan has been an established FC player for quite some time, and quite good at that. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Atul Sharma gobbles up several Ranji teams in his debut season, IPL or no IPL. That should get him in.
Lets give Triple H some bowling tips I am sure he will start gobbling up Ranjhi teams as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

IPL is only a season old. You wait and watch. See who they'll be replaced by when they retire.

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
We get that the guy is built like a truck, and can lift up Kenya, but there's more to bowling than strength! Unless he can bowl like 125mph, he's not going to be able to get out world-class batsmen by running very fast, he's going to have to bowl the right lines and lengths to work batsmen out, a skill which I doubt has been trained very much by not playing cricket in however long it's been.
i agree-only time will tell.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
One look at nearly every Indian pacer before Kapil Dev (and also throw in some recent India regulars) and you'll know they had everything, except pace and power. That was what weakened them all, and why India's pacers were no force to reckon with for a very long time- and that's an understatement. This player's coach seems to understand fast bowling quite well and will know a lot better.