• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Winning in every country

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bangladesh is the problem for a few of them. They last toured Zimbabwe in about 1999 for Tests, and their first Test in Bangladesh was in about 2006 IIRC.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Wait, I know. Pakistan.

Ricky Ponting hasn't played in a victorious test in Pakistan (having not toured there since 1998).

Glenn McGrath hasn't experienced a victory in Sri Lanka, either (not playing in 2004).

Shane Warne has not experienced a Test victory in Pakistan (Stuart MacGill was in his place).

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait, I know. Pakistan.

Ricky Ponting hasn't played in a victorious test in Pakistan (having not toured there since 1998).

Glenn McGrath hasn't experienced a victory in Sri Lanka, either (not playing in 2004).

Shane Warne has not experienced a Test victory in Pakistan (Stuart MacGill was in his place).
I think you might have it - I knew Warney hadn't won in Pakistan but I'd forgotten that McGrath wasn't in Sri Lanka in 2004.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I should know this off the top of my head but I dont, who has figured in the most Test wins over their career?

Warne? Ponting?

pasag

RTDAS
I should know this off the top of my head but I dont, who has figured in the most Test wins over their career?

Warne? Ponting?
The Sean just posted on this very thing a couple of hours ago in the 'Random cricket thoughts' thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think I just read this somewhere else in another thread, it's Warne by a handful ahead of Ponting IIRC

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
  • Lara has taken part in 63 Tests that Windies have lost. I doubt if anyone else gets close to that.
  • Habibul Bashar of Bangladesh has been part of a side that has lost a test in all ten Test playing countries.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What fact? He has played 30 something Tests overseas.
I took it at face value. Where did they get their 25 from?

Edit: Okay, that 25 is the total number of wins he's been involved in. So 30 it is.

Last edited:

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
  • Lara has taken part in 63 Tests that Windies have lost. I doubt if anyone else gets close to that.
  • Habibul Bashar of Bangladesh has been part of a side that has lost a test in all ten Test playing countries.
Not sure how many Alec Stewart played and lost - but seemed a huge number at least 40 + as a guess

Athlai

Not Terrible
In the most wins list you have to go 8 places down to find someone who isn't an Australian.

Boucher is the leading non-Aussie with 65 wins
Kallis 64

In terms of draws:

Kapil Dev 75
Gavaskar 67
Tendulkar 65
Vengsarkar 64
Miandad 62
Border 59

No current player looks even close to taking this record.