• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Matt79

Global Moderator
How's that anyway contradicting the original point I made? Australia made an error, and didn't apply professionalism when it mattered.
Social said that once Aust. Took the CT seriously they won it, wheras prev they'd not taken it seriously and not won. You asked why they didn't, in that case, with the T20 WC. I commented that they didn't take that seriously either. You said that reflected poorly on them, and I said it was understandable given the attitudes of those around them.

I can draw a flow chart if you like.

Precambrian

Banned
people thought T20 would be a flash in the pan, in our previous games we had the players with nicknames on their backs and take for example this game against NZ, it was all about fun.

Things have changed and now that $$ are behind the IPL the WC competition will be taken much more seriously. Nearly all the existing cricket media were from the test era, and unsurpisingly, they weren't receptive to the T20 WC thus absolutely no public pressure or concern was placed on most teams leading into the competition.
Lol, that was one stupidly funny match.

AWTA. But just assuming that things won't get "serious" in T20 cricket, was a misjudgement on the part of Australian and maybe NZ teams. Even BCCI almost did it, they vehemently opposed the T20 WC at first.

Precambrian

Banned
Social said that once Aust. Took the CT seriously they won it, wheras prev they'd not taken it seriously and not won. You asked why they didn't, in that case, with the T20 WC. I commented that they didn't take that seriously either. You said that reflected poorly on them, and I said it was understandable given the attitudes of those around them.

I can draw a flow chart if you like.
Lol, we are going in circles, and no argument is there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If it's all about ranking points on a particular day, then Oz is "clearly" No.1 and that totally contradicts your earlier post
I never mentioned official ranking points. If SA win in SA, they would be the clear #1 even if the official rankings don't say so.

Or are there different rules in place depending on who you support?
Huh? I don't support South Africa or Australia, and India is not in contention for the #1 spot right now.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Lol, Social just throwing accusations.
hey! I'll have you know that Social runs a company that's bigger than BHP, and used to teach Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh how to play cricket!

Or something along those lines. 8-)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
That's just unfair Matt79. Conveniently forgetting his inventing of electricity whilst building the Eiffel Tower by himself.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hey! I'll have you know that Social runs a company that's bigger than BHP, and used to teach Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh how to play cricket!

Or something along those lines. 8-)
Playing a lot of cricket with players from the 80s does not equate to "teaching Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh how to play cricket!"

Running a company that employs nearly as many people as BHP now does in OZ is hardly the same as "runs a company that's bigger than BHP"

Stating facts that are supported by players, officials and CW members about past performances and behaviour is not "throwing around accusations".

The reality is that some people have a vested interest in not acknowledging anything that conflicts with their blind support for others

Dont be a sheep all your life - frankly it will be friggin' boring and largely unproductive

Last edited by a moderator:

social

:jawdrop:

brb going hosp cause irony made my jaw drop need to get it fixed thx
Sorry mate but if Aus is crap, I say it

If Aus is good, I say it

If there's reasons for good and bad performances, I'll give you my interpretation

BUT

I dont say, "We're the best and any person from another country who says otherwise (despite any evidence to the contrary) is wrong"

Beleg

International Regular
social cops a lot of **** on here but he is consistently one of the more interesting posters around. i wonder if there's a link.

duffer

social cops a lot of **** on here but he is consistently one of the more interesting posters around. i wonder if there's a link.
Probably is a link between riling people up and how much interest they take in them. Social is good value though if a bit excitable sometimes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry mate but if Aus is crap, I say it

If Aus is good, I say it

If there's reasons for good and bad performances, I'll give you my interpretation

BUT

I dont say, "We're the best and any person from another country who says otherwise (despite any evidence to the contrary) is wrong"
SS is just about the least biased poster on these boards IMO. So you accusing him of bias without any even remote reason at all was ridiculous.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SS is just about the least biased poster on these boards IMO. So you accusing him of bias without any even remote reason at all was ridiculous.
DWTA.

I'm much less biased w.r.t. tests. It just doesn't always seem that way :p