• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameron White's role in the Australian ODI team

What should Cameron White's role be?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
So what should it be? He obviously isn't going to be bowling much, so he is obviously more of a batsman and part-time bowler, and yet he bats down the order, where an all-rounder would sit and he is not that (IMO) and I'm not sure if he is a finisher in the Albie Morkel and/or Jacob Oram role, so he should probably look to bat a lot higher and before Brad Haddin as I think he is wasted at 7 or 8.

So vote away.

inbox24

International Debutant
Middle order batsman who can't and shouldn't bowl. Definitely not one of the top 10 ODI batsman in Australia, therefore shouldn't be picked.

It can't be any simpler.

Redbacks

International Captain
LRO :ph34r:

We have been waiting for a few years now for him to enter and grab his opportunity with both hands. He needs to work on the balance between brain/brawn in his OD game and try and add more versatility to his scoring range to take the next step IMO.

Redbacks

International Captain
D hussey too has been bogged down this series, not able to turn the strike over efficiently enough to release pressure in the middle overs. We know he can play the big shots and nice cricket shots, yet hitting the fielder too often is a crime in ODI cricket.

pup11

International Coach
As i said in the match thread, he is a top-order batsman and that's where he should bat, but they shouldn't pick him to play the role of a lower-order tonker, because he is pretty poor at it and ends up being a pretty useless player then.

Precambrian

Banned
He and Hussey should be persisted for sometime, and be allowed to occupy No.5 and No.6 at the moment. Both can chip in with 5 overs each to make up the 5th bowler option. The other 4 should be genuine bowlers and not bits and pieces like Hopesy.

pup11

International Coach
D hussey too has been bogged down this series, not able to turn the strike over efficiently enough to release pressure in the middle overs. We know he can play the big shots and nice cricket shots, yet hitting the fielder too often is a crime in ODI cricket.

David Hussey has been the only middle-order batsman from Australia who has looked somewhat decent everytime he has come into bat, he got starts in almost every game but failed to go onto and capitalise on it, though the same thing holds true for Mike Hussey in this series.

Julian87

State Captain
I like him, but wouldn't pick him.

He's not the only problem though, Hussey should bat at 6, and not be moved at all.

(Michael Hussey that is)

Redbacks

International Captain
selectors are thinking 2011, otherwise Hayden might have been put in the squad. Hodge won't be around in 2011, therefore won't get a game.

Julian87

State Captain
I think Daniel Christian is a smokey for a batting all rounder spot in future ODI and Tewnty20 squads.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Assuming Clarke is the next batsman to regain fitness, I reckon he should come in for White. D Hussey offers a better all-round package. At least, Ponting seems to think so.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jebus! David Hussey's bowling is soooo over-rated. "Boy, he bowls quickly between deliveries." That's all well and good if you're not getting milked or hit for six each delivery.

White shouldn't be in the team full stop unless he's going to bat top order.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Jebus! David Hussey's bowling is soooo over-rated. "Boy, he bowls quickly between deliveries." That's all well and good if you're not getting milked or hit for six each delivery.
Yup, very surprised they picked a team today that required 10 overs minimum from D Hussey, White and M Hussey.