• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That's easy. (Ramprakash), Habib, Read, Caddick, Headley, Mullally, Tufnell.
Good call - 1999 was always going to be a good place to start.
Mind you the final test in that series has to be a contender - Ramps, Irani, Caddick, Mullally, Tufnell & Giddins.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England selectors, what a bunch of ****ing idiots.

It takes a hell of a lot for me to want an England side to lose, but I hope this one falls flat on their face.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rubbish 8-) ..Referring to Sidebottom you recently said "but I couldn't ever have called it a poor decision" when earlier you had said "I still don't like the selection of Sidebottom" which clearly implies you didn't think it was a good decision

So often those consumed with their own self importance are blinded
Nonsense. You need to learn the difference between "I don't like the look of" and "that's plainly poor". It's really not very difficult.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Why? I hope fans with a reasonable cricket knowledge make their thoughts known on the topic and how the ECB cant continue to make ****ty selectorial decisions and expect the public to take it.
The decision has been made, try and back the guy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good call - 1999 was always going to be a good place to start.
Mind you the final test in that series has to be a contender - Ramps, Irani, Caddick, Mullally, Tufnell & Giddins.
Ramprakash was OK at that time.

Darren Maddy was in the side at the top of course. McKenzie is fit BTW. We'll have an on-time start.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Why? I hope fans with a reasonable cricket knowledge make their thoughts known on the topic and how the ECB cant continue to make ****ty selectorial decisions and expect the public to take it.
You can make your thoughts about the ECB known without doing something as idiotic as booing the bloke they've picked.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The decision has been made, try and back the guy.
Why? when I think that his incluson is an absolute travesty.

As I said he may do well, however if he doesnt then someone needs to resign because picking a 30 yr old club cricketer that has played only 1/2 a season of FC cricket is BIG decision.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why? when I think that his incluson is an absolute travesty.

As I said he may do well, however if he doesnt then someone needs to resign because picking a 30 yr old club cricketer that has played only 1/2 a season of FC cricket is BIG decision.
And even more so when he's an Australian who no-one even seems to know how much club cricket he's even played in this country.

gio

U19 Cricketer
English cricket is dead to me (or atleast until I get over it)

Even if the guy takes 5 wkts (probablilty and chance dictates its a posibility) there is no reason for this selection. None.

I hope he get booed. One of the worst selections Ive seen from England and that says a lot.
That's very harsh. I don't see the problem here, Headingley is always a bit different to other grounds, and a horses for courses selection is often the case. Give the guy a chance. I'm a bit suprised, but I enjoy seeing new players playing for England. He looked good the other day in the Pro40.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Again - must be a while since that's happened twice on the trot.
Obviously terrified of our attack.
If Steyn knocks over our top-order, we can rest assured that SA are in prime position even if the match is reduced to 2 days' play.