• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in decline thread

Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ret

International Debutant
And yes, I do have a problem with you thinking Dravid is a dunderhead, esp. given the fact that he has been an international cricket captain and you can't even lick his shoes... And since the context here is cricket discussion, of course I think he knows a hell lot more than you or your :laugh: smileys...... :laugh:

does IMO mean anything anymore? 8-)
hypocricy? *wondering* .... may be you should consider chancing your forum name to hypocritebharani :lol:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
hypocricy? *wondering* .... may be you should consider chancing your forum name to hypocritebharani :lol:
I have been trying to avoid getting into anything with you because James asked to and because it improves the forum atmosphere...

But if you care to ever read properly, you will understand what was going on..

And yes, I understand cricketers will know more about cricket than I do but still doesn't mean I should not state my opinion, which is all I did there. I didn't go around parading to everyone that "I am right"...

And of course, me saying Ponting is over rated by some as a captain is the same as you calling Dravid a "dunderhead"... 8-)

ret

International Debutant
I have been trying to avoid getting into anything with you because James asked to and because it improves the forum atmosphere...

But if you care to ever read properly, you will understand what was going on..

And yes, I understand cricketers will know more about cricket than I do but still doesn't mean I should not state my opinion, which is all I did there. I didn't go around parading to everyone that "I am right"...

And of course, me saying Ponting is over rated by some as a captain is the same as you calling Dravid a "dunderhead"... 8-)
haha, i guess first you reported my post then you replied to it .... nice try :p

one more reason for a name change :laugh:

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
yes finally Pontings captaincy is being shown up. He has no skills as a captain and Australia would be better off giving a young guy like Micheal Clarke a go. Maybe Pontings gotta realise that ther is time for a change and without Warne and McGrath he is a rather ordinary leader and tactician.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't compare Edwards to Johnson. Completely different situations.
They're different, but I used him only as an example to show not everyone hits the ground running at test level, and maybe we're being a bit harsh on Johnson given his limited experience.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
haha, i guess first you reported my post then you replied to it .... nice try :p

one more reason for a name change :laugh:

try to see why I reported it. I didn't wanna indulge in any crap with you again... I responded to the point, which I see you have conveniently ignored. And I only reported it because that is what the mods asked us to do.. I didn't respond to any of the tripe you posted at me, and only tried to explain my point. The report is for the tripe and the reply is to make my point. Clear?

Burgey

yes finally Pontings captaincy is being shown up. He has no skills as a captain and Australia would be better off giving a young guy like Micheal Clarke a go. Maybe Pontings gotta realise that ther is time for a change and without Warne and McGrath he is a rather ordinary leader and tactician.
The young guy Ponting threw the ball to in Sydney to take three wickets in an over to win Australia a test?

Yep, dud captaincy that.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It's not his job to find a world calss bowler though. The Australian system doesn't guarantee success at international level. What it does though is pretty much ensure they get the best out of what's on offer.

Captains may be able to achieve things through the force of their captaincy from time to time, but really it comes down to how good a side you've got.

I mean, you get set the most imaginative fileds ever seen, but if the bowlers roll out pus like MacGill has this series, what does it matter?

It's not insignificant that the day 5 draws Australia have had in recent series have all come on really flat decks. This test, the one in Adelaide v India this year and the one in Perth v SA a few years back were really docile tracks. The Perth test was a draw in which both Warne and McGrath were playing, IIRC.

I agree Ponting doesn't seem to have the flair of a Taylor, who was probably our most tactically astute skipper since I Chappell, or the remorselessness of a Waugh. But maybe it was a lot easier for those guys to display those qualities when they had such wonderful bowlers at their disposal.

If a large portion of the coming back to the field is Ponting's fault, we should ask ourselves what either or his two immediate predecessors would have done differently in these tests if they had Ponting's attack at their disposal? I suspect the answer may be, not a lot.
True...I won't compare Ponting to other Aussie captains...But I shall only say that he's a good captain...I don't understand in this thread one thing: If Australia are winning less frequently with MacGill and Johnson than with Warne and McGrath, then how does that prove Ponting is a bad captain...All it proves is McGrath + Warne >> MacGill + Johnson...

pasag

RTDAS
ret give it a rest, any more of this quarrelling on the forum and you'll be given a forced break from the site. It's not just here but the IPL thread etc. Getting really sick of it.

pasag

RTDAS
Threads merged and renamed. All discussion of Australia's new minnow status and associated schadenfreude to go on here.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
People need to cut ponting some slack. He isn't the best captain ever but he certainly isn't bad. The way some people are going on about him you would've thought he had lost every test match he's been captain in since warnie and mcgraths retirement.

Matt79

Global Moderator
itduzz - such a knob. Throw yourself over a bridge sadcase.

(Note this is a comment on you generally, not a defensive reaction to this thread - the observation that we're a poorer team for the loss of McGrath and Warne is so blindingly obvious that its not worth denying)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

itduzz - such a knob. Throw yourself over a bridge sadcase.

(Note this is a comment on you generally, not a defensive reaction to this thread - the observation that we're a poorer team for the loss of McGrath and Warne is so blindingly obvious that its not worth denying)
Uncalled for though. No personal abuse, thanks.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to disagree though. itduzz is as bad as bond21.
I'm relatively new in this forum, and hence not too familiar with itduzz...But if he's comparable to bond21 then he must be special :) ...But from the first post of this thread my thought is that itduzz takes half-a-page to do half to what bond21 does with his one-liners...