• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats Royals best team in the tournie by far, deserved to win.

Much love to Chennai too, nice guys of the tournament for mine and they'll be back strong next time.

Next time, man I can't wait for the next one.

Dissector

International Debutant
The Pathan brothers are going to be 2/2 when it comes to MOM performances in big TT finals. I am fairly confident that YP is going to be selected for the ODI squad very soon and it will be great to see what he can do.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I am fairly confident that YP is going to be selected for the ODI squad very soon.
Wow, look at Nostradamus here... predicting yesterday's news :p.

Well played Rajasthan, and a great competition got the ending it deserved. Now let's hope the boards all cooperate to open up a window for it next year and the other countries don't get carried away with trying to dilute it's success and quality with their own tournaments.

Dissector

International Debutant
Holding the semis and finals in a pre-determined venue was always a dumb idea. How cool would it have been if this final was in Jaipur.

Isura

U19 Captain
Yeah, you wouldn't want the guy who averages 152 and has been dismissed once for the entire tournament. Would be silly.
I think the problem was picking Hopes over Pomersmach. Hopes has been useless with the bat except for 2 innings (the big chase early on and the last match), and he his bowling has been poor

Isura

U19 Captain
Balaji would struggle to make many first XIs at club level... He's not exactly my idea of having an ace up my sleeve... But blunder by Dhoni, who has otherwise been very good as captain

Dissector

International Debutant
In TT you often have to bowl your weakest bowler in the final over when he will often face inferior batsmen. If Balaji had bowled his last over earlier to Pathan he may have well gone for 20+ and the match wouldn't even have made it to the final over.

Ultimately the game was lost with the dropped catch by Raina and also an extremely good lbw shout a few balls earlier which could easily have been given out. If Pathan had been dismissed in that over I think Chennai would have won quite easily.