• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Football (Soccer) team do you support?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stuck with the team though and warmed to Ronaldo despite Arsenal's unbeaten season. Cemented my support when Arsenal started the next season still unbeaten and 49* until they faced United and van Nistelrooy won it. :) Loved it and started to learn more about the club and Munich and the like and there you go.
Wow, bet that was hard.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well easiest thing to have done was to support Arsenal since the team I'd decided to support didn't win and my favourite player had left them.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Save your money and get to go to the Nou Camp, it's worth every penny. I was there to see a friendly against Inter at the start of the season and there was 98459 people there. I felt then I knew I was living life to the fullest being there (even if Barca won 5-0). One bit of advice, learn Catalan, you will understand what is being said before the game. The stadium tour is ok for photos and then that, but it is too cheesey and touristy.

FC Internazionale Milano for me, but of course if I had a local team it would be the Queensland Roar. Special affection towards Chris Greenace and the Latvian national team.
I think of all the rivalries/ derbys the Real Madrid-Barcelona matches are the most passionate.

I'll never forget when Figo (I think) went from Barca to Real, and iirc he took a corner at the Nou Camp, whereupon some Barca fans threw a pig's head on the ground at his feet!!!

That's passion. It's also insane, but there ya go.

Man Utd for me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah. Went to River Plate in 1996 - a Copa Libertadores match. Amazing atmosphere really.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
United. Champions of England in 08, 11, 52, 56, 57, 65, 67, 93, 94, 96, 97, 99, 00, 01, 03, 07 and 08. Champions of Europe in 68, 99, and, just maybe, 08 (we could be Champions of Europe in just over 24 hours. **** me.)

Support them because Dad does.

Started supporting them in, I think, February of 1995. Don't really remember the events of that season, well I remember the last game vaguely, and the run-in in general vaguely but I don't know how much of this is a genuine memory and how much of it is from watching Premiership Years which has made me think I remember it.

FWIW I didn't see Ole win us The Treble in 1999 - when Teddy scored I was convinced Bayern were going to go up our end score straight away and so turned the TV off. First found out we'd won about a minute after I turned the TV off, as dad was screaming into the phone from the stadium.
No maybe about it any more. :)

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Am also a fan of AFC Wimbeldon (in the Blue Square Conference South this year awwwwww yeah :cool:)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I think of all the rivalries/ derbys the Real Madrid-Barcelona matches are the most passionate.
DWTA, Old Firm tbh, may have a lower reputation around the world, but I struggle to see any match in world football matching that rivalry. Given the roots of it, that's not a good thing either.

chalky

International Debutant
Hartlepool Utd

Honours - North East team of the year 2002/2003

And for everyone that "Supports" a Man Utd or Liverpool as opposed to their local team8-)