• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that was yet another poor decision ruining what could have been a great test match. i am so over umpires. I know we've had our share of luck but it's just ridiculous how these blokes can get paid the big bucks and still **** up so often.
I do agree with you mate, but the problem is people only acknowledge it's a problem when it goes against their team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I take it that appeal was in the spirit of cricket, Mr Kumble?

The one constant in the human condition - hypocrisy.

duffer

Inside edge, Symonds unlucky there. Don't know what he's having a whinge about though :p. So good to see the prick back in the pavillion.

Kumble to lead us to victory here. That was such smart bowling. Was telling my dad that Kumble would get him, even after the 6.
Absolutely. I'm still not discounting a big comeback, but we're in front now.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Not too fussed about the umpiring. We had some luck in Sydney - India have had some today, but honestly, the game was well and truly in their hands already. Its not worth getting upset about, because as was mentioned about 6000 times in the past couple of weeks, THESE THINGS EVEN OUT IN THE END.

Craig

World Traveller
that was yet another poor decision ruining what could have been a great test match. i am so over umpires. I know we've had our share of luck but it's just ridiculous how these blokes can get paid the big bucks and still **** up so often.
Have you ever umpired? Geniune question.

Fiery would be loving this, in the land of being banned.

masterblaster

International Captain
Symonds finally gets one to go against him. The amount of luck he was having over the series has been ridiculous. I remember him saying to the press after that dreadful decision made against Ishant Sharma in Sydney that 'Oh yeah, these things happen in cricket and I'd like to retain the human element of the game' and 'These things have a habit of evening themselves out over time'. Well put Roy, I guess things do even themselves out over time.

sideshowtim

Banned

Spot on.

Will be interesting to see if the Indian media react in the same way against their own team. The Aussies have been victims of 2 poor decisions at a vital time in the match. The Indians were the victims of 1 and still had a hissy fit.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Inside edge, Symonds unlucky there. Don't know what he's having a whinge about though :p. So good to see the prick back in the pavillion.

Kumble to lead us to victory here. That was such smart bowling. Was telling my dad that Kumble would get him, even after the 6.
Again, bemused as to how this is acceptable...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway what did people think of the decision when Ponting shouldered arms to Ishant Sharma during his spell? I think umpires HAVE to give those appeals. Otherwise batsman can do what they like.
You can't give batsmen out just because you don't like the shot or non-shot they've chosen. That wasn't going to hit.

Surely Symonds luck will end eventually. I mean either a load of dropped catches, out on a no ball or was given not out when he was clearly out has to stop sometime.
Craig=Nostradamus?

Imagine the impact Stevie Wonder could've had on this game. :ph34r:
:laugh:

Oh, boo hoo.

duffer

Spot on.

Will be interesting to see if the Indian media react in the same way against their own team. The Aussies have been victims of 2 poor decisions at a vital time in the match. The Indians were the victims of 1 and still had a hissy fit.
1? :laugh:

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
I do agree with you mate, but the problem is people only acknowledge it's a problem when it goes against their team.
The thing that really grinds my gears is when commentators applaud umpires for making correct decisions. If i was paid 100k a year to do a job, i'd expect myself to be able to do the job correctly. This pakistani is a shocker. He's come to perth, where it bounces and must still think that he's back on the sub-continent. Some of the lbw decisions, for both teams, have been going over the top by a long way.