• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointing celebration hoggy...wouldn't be surprised if he ends up infront of the match committee for that. I was half-aflame before I realised he wasn't joining in. :dry:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Not really. One of the reasons I love cricket is because it's such a human game. Bunch of people, a park, a ball and bit of wood. Closer it stays to that the better for mine.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.
I'm incredulous that people are still resistant to using technology in cricketing decisions, and the excuse is "it all evens out in the end". Well maybe it does for an entire country over a 50-year period, but for individuals, you can have a single incident of umpiring incompetence mess with your chance at a 200* or a 5-fer.

We have the technology. Why would you wanna fight with a knife and a broadsword when we actually have guns now? It's some strange nostalgia for ye olde days that keeps technology out of the game it seems. There's no excuse anymore.

The above are the two arguments, that leave me sitting on the fence when it comes to introducing technology into TEST matches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cricket is a game, but its also people's profession and livelihood. They dealt with it in the past because they had no choice. We deal with it because we are too attached to outdated conventions.
You wouldn't happen to live in the United States, who have cheapened anything that once had meaning, would you? :ph34r:

Haha, I'm done. Moooving on.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every team has twits (in Perm's case, he ridiculously thinks NZ's is Vettori - I'd go for Styris....) much like every every team has a good munter (like Patel (NZ), Hussey (Aus), Flintoff (England). FFS, just because you don't like one guy in the team, for you to switch your support to another side entirely is ****ing childish.

Still, it's "allowed". No-one's actually stopping you, Perm. Which made the 3-0 series win over Bangladesh all the more enjoyable when your flip-flopping between support was firmly rubbed back in your face.
It's not a 'ridiculous' notion that Vettori is a 'twit' as you want to put it. He's shown me in the past to be somebody who isn't particularly likeable from my point of view, so I dislike him. I never for one second suggested changing allegiance because you don't like a player, I questioned whether you should still support him because he is of the same nationality as you.

The discussion actually evolved from pup11's support of Australia, rather than me wanting to see Bangladesh defeat New Zealand. Bangladesh were out-classed, no doubt, point being? I shouldn't support a side who I like very much and want to see well, over a team who had far too many **** players (and coach for that matter) that would have hopefully been jettisoned if we lost the series. I can't see any sort of flip-flopping on my behalf with regards to the series in question either, I was firmly in support of Bangladesh the whole time.

pup11

International Coach
people are suggesting buckner is umpiring for Australia's benefit, just wondering why? isn't he just a crap umpire? (i know nothing of him)
There is no doubt Bucknor was a superb umpire but every umpire has a certain shelf-life and Bucknor's shelf-life has ran out a long time and their has been alarming dip in his standard of umpiring but since the kind of money he is getting so good he is just making sure that sticks around for as long as he can, the game needs younger umpires who don't need spectacales or hearing-aid's to make their decisions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's not a 'ridiculous' notion that Vettori is a 'twit' as you want to put it. He's shown me in the past to be somebody who isn't particularly likeable from my point of view, so I dislike him. I never for one second suggested changing allegiance because you don't like a player, I questioned whether you should still support him because he is of the same nationality as you.

The discussion actually evolved from pup11's support of Australia, rather than me wanting to see Bangladesh defeat New Zealand. Bangladesh were out-classed, no doubt, point being? I shouldn't support a side who I like very much and want to see well, over a team who had far too many **** players (and coach for that matter) that would have hopefully been jettisoned if we lost the series. I can't see any sort of flip-flopping on my behalf with regards to the series in question either, I was firmly in support of Bangladesh the whole time.
Think this discussion would hold up better in its own thread, so I've copied the posts to another.

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=34950

I've left the posts in here as well because some of them related to the game as well.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big call and initially I thought it was gone but further replays made me doubt whether the bails came completely off before he grounded his foot.

One of those ones that could have gone either way.