• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
TBF, Ponting should already have been out. I know two rights don't make a wrong, but those two decisions effectively cancelled each other out.
I understand that - but he's suggesting every bad decision has gone against India which is plainly not the case.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So sad this stuff. Humans can never be perfect. Technology will never be either - but it's already a damn sight better than any human ever could be. What pisses me off is that I'm thinking more about the decisions now than about the great session India are having. ICC need to stop pandering to people stuck in the 19th century and have some sort of referral system, or something that incorporates technology.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBF, Ponting should already have been out. I know two rights don't make a wrong, but those two decisions effectively cancelled each other out.
Indeed. But while it may not mean India haven't been unlucky with the decisions (they most certainly have, from where I sit), it does go a fair way against the suggestions that the umpiring is biased, which is a totally different matter.

archie mac

International Coach
It seems to take a long time before they show the Snicko and even longer before we see the Hot Spot

Why?

If it takes that long maybe that is one reason why they have not used the technology just yet:)

deeps

International 12th Man
I really reckon not walking when it was such an audible nick is just cheating. Look how fast symonds turned his head after the nick. It was so obvious he hit that. That stuf really sucks.
How is it different to getting a faint nick and not walking? If you know you are out, and the umpire gives you not out, its the same no matter how big the nick was

Harbajan gifting Hogg four just then

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is the standard of umpiring hitting rock-bottom nowadays??
See, I don't think it is. I think we're just better able to see all of the mistakes a human makes in umpiring the game. I strongly suspect it's always been this way and certainly I've seen enough dud decisions in my time as a cricket watcher.

Hogg getting close to 50, SoC watching with anticipation.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No offense, but what the hell does that mean? It's fair to keep the game unfair? Makes no sense mate.
It's all part of it. Decisions go for you, against you. It all evens up in the end. 2005 Ashes may well have been a completely different series if there was a prominence of technology. We don't live in a perfect world, cricket isn't any different.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yes, there is. Some people prefer to watch hard workers like Hussey and guys with immense enthusiasm like Hogg rather than Indian cricketers who are treated like royalty and whose attitudes aren't up to scratch.
Don't support any team then. If you like Australia better than India/England/ whatever your home country is because of how Australia play or you hate aspects of your country's cricket so don't want to support them, that's cool. be a neutral then and a fan of cricket. Only choice in that situation. No justification for supporting another team.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It seems to take a long time before they show the Snicko and even longer before we see the Hot Spot

Why?

If it takes that long maybe that is one reason why they have not used the technology just yet:)
If you introduced an appeal system with two appeals per innings per team, you wouldn't mind if it takes 30 seconds for images to come in. And you don't need any special technology for cases such as the pitch of the ball, or the clear inside edge like Ponting had onto his pad.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, deal with it.
In ANY other sport this problem would NEVER happen - they would either have sacked idiots like Bucknor long time ago or taken advantage of available technology.
That's rubbish, mistakes are made in every sport in every match. There is technology available to oversee errors in some cases, but you can't look after every variable or you'd never get a game finished. They could do more in cricket, I agree, but they don't at the moment. It's not like one team gets bad decisions and then when they bat there's technology available for the other team.

And I am dealing with it, you're either 5 or on the run from the asylum.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's all part of it. Decisions go for you, against you. It all evens up in the end.
No it doesn't even up. That's not how stats work. Just because you get a decision in your favor, doesn't mean it is worth the same. They may work out to be even over an infinite period of time, but that is a pretty useless thing.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
How come Ganguly isn't bowling? The four bowlers need a little rest, and Ganguly may just provide a few surprises. With one bowler less, he's needed to turn out a lot more overs here.

Ouch...Ishant walks off with a bad ankle.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Why?

Channel Nine are dire - that's why. It's all available immediately; they just don't show it straight away.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's all part of it. Decisions go for you, against you. It all evens up in the end. 2005 Ashes may well have been a completely different series if there was a prominence of technology. We don't live in a perfect world, cricket isn't any different.

Your missing the point, don't you think if would be a better game if more decisions were correct ?