• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Battle?

The Next CW Battle

• Total voters

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yup Tubby won that battle, lets have a battle of spinners.
Until I read that closely, I thought you were saying that Mark Taylor had won a previous 'Battle of the Commentators' - which scared me because I'd like to think if one of the signs of the apocalypse, such as Taylor's commentary being regarded as not ****e, came about, I'd have noticed.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Maybe exclude Murali and Warne so a) the thread can be civil, and b) it isn't a predictable battle, in the same way we excluded Bradman from the battle of the Aussies.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe exclude Murali and Warne so a) the thread can be civil, and b) it isn't a predictable battle, in the same way we excluded Bradman from the battle of the Aussies.
Hate to say this, but its already been done.

O'Reilly beat Laker in the final, I seem to remember.

****ing crims, win everything:@

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, battle of the players representing one nation but born in another would be interesting.

Ted Dexter, KP, Robin Smith, Clarrie Grimmett, Ranji etc

grecian

As would Jardine and Wessels.

Many more Im sure. Enough to make 32 Id guess
Yes, an awful lot of English cricketers in the eighties could feature, Radford, Pringle, Chris Smith, Defreitas, Small, Roland Butcher, Slack, and Terry. Except most of them were rubbish.

Nothing new about us poaching players, just wish we could pilfer more of the calibre of KP and Ranji, tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Geraint Jones
Asif Iqbal, Bob Woolmer, Caddick, Colin Bland, Symonds, Nasser Hussain...

If someone can think of a good title I may run this. It may not get passions racing high but its an interesting topic with no clear and bvious winner before the start.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif Iqbal, Bob Woolmer, Caddick, Colin Bland, Symonds, Nasser Hussain...

If someone can think of a good title I may run this. It may not get passions racing high but its an interesting topic with no clear and bvious winner before the start.

How about Bob Woolmer's biggest single contribution to cricket? :renske:

HeathDavisSpeed

How about battle to get a "Battle Of" subforum for this sort of thing, so as those of us who wish to chat cricket can do so without constant "Battle Of The..." threads clogging-up the place?

Huh?
Maybe you need an 'ignore' facility based on threads having the word 'battle' in them.

I'm happy enough to run a Commentator battle if no one else wants to.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Battle of Cricket Grounds - Is my first preference.

This way we will get to know about Cricket grounds all over the world, their nature, pitches, history , best performances and performers on those grounds etc

Should be fun, but will require lot of work and research. :)