• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Please please please please dont mess this run chase up England!

Wright looks to be opening, so lets him he stays there for an hour and it will be over fast :laugh: Although knowing my luck he'll edge to keeper first ball :@
Chasing such a small total, I really think opening with Wright and Prior is just asking to let India back into it. England have selected their top order as such to take advantage of the PowerPlays, but given the small total, there's no real need to worry about that. I'd like to see the order be a tad flexible and allow Bell to open here. Probably won't happen though.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dhoni in the series so far has 133 runs in 202 balls at about 60 per 100 balls. Thats a worse strike rate then everyone who has batted for India this summer barring Powar and RP Singh !!

Maybe the greatest keeper batsman and the greatest hitter the game has ever seen (PBUH) will finally wake up and do something now.
My memory isn't too good today. Could you please remind me who top scored for India?

pup11

International Coach
Anyways India was again robbed by two shocking umpiring decision made by Aleem Dar against Tendulkar and Dravid, and now BCCI has made up its mind to officially lodge a complaint against the umpire.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyways India was again robbed by two shocking umpiring decision made by Aleem Dar against Tendulkar and Dravid, and now BCCI has made up its mind to officially lodge a complaint against the umpire.
Err yea, it's not like Dravid actually hit the ball was it... not to mention a certain Dhoni who could have easily been lbw on 0.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cook has kept at List A level, but would you really want to add that extra burdon to a player still finding his feet at ODI level? Not in a million years IMO. I also don't think changing a key position such as the wicket keeper is such a good idea in the last match of the summer, either - they've picked Prior for the series, I'd like to see them go through with that, and not just because I like Prior. If he fails again, he should get the axe for the one day squad to Sri Lanka IMO, although the Twenty20 Championship will probably have a say whether I like it or not.

I've been thinking about the England wicket keeping issue in the last few days, and I think it's time they realise they don't have a good keeper-batsman to bat in the top 7 and keep well - in either form. They need to change the balance of their side IMO, and stop expecting so many runs from the keeper. I really don't like Chris Read at all - I think his keeping is over-rated and his batting is extremely dire, but he's the best English keeper I've seen and, even if his batting is nowhere near #7 standard, it's good enough for #8 which is the balance they should be looking for at full strength. The problem lies with Flintoff - he doesn't play every game, so if he got injured, England would have to change the balance by bringing in Prior as the batsman-keeper to replace Flintoff with a bowler. This really wouldn't be fair to Prior or Read as they'd basically be selected based on the availability of someone else in the squad rather than their own performances against each other. It's a tricky one.
I'd have Mustard in the ODI side were Prior to be dropped. Not sure how his FC form is and whether he'd get in the Test side...I'll have to check it out.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant

They were hardly 'shocking'. Dravids may well have nicked it or was EXTREMELY close, and its not surprising that Tendulkar was given out given how close it was.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chasing such a small total, I really think opening with Wright and Prior is just asking to let India back into it. England have selected their top order as such to take advantage of the PowerPlays, but given the small total, there's no real need to worry about that. I'd like to see the order be a tad flexible and allow Bell to open here. Probably won't happen though.
*cough* :ph34r:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good bowling/fielding from us earlier. I think India's total is high enough to make me slightly worried but low enough to think we'll take the series...and as I type Wright goes...oh dear :unsure: