• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

pasag

RTDAS
This is over, well done England and full credit to India for getting back into the series. Has been a high quality one, even though the final hasn't been representative of that.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Great play by England. Ive forgotten what its like to win a One day series :) :thumbup:

Which is the bigger shock? England winning the ODIs or India winning the Tests. Im edging for England winning the ODIs

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nice to see England bat sensibly, eventually. That's all they have to do most of the time.

If they'd done that they'd have won 5-2/6-1.

pasag

RTDAS
Thought Anderson should have been MOM tbf, really set the scene for the England win.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The better side won.

India have far too many issues to linger on the umpiring (I am sure they wont) or feel too good just because they fought back to draw level. The coming back of the experienced openers and the bowling of Powar and to a lesser extent Chawla are the only real positives to take from here. The negatives are far too many.

Well done England.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done England, definitely the better team in the series.

Very disappointing from an Indian fan's perspective. So many holes and faults in the team, and its a serious wonder whether they'll ever be fixed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great series. Great to see us win, and tbh 2 of the games we lost were real close as well. Best ODI performance by us in ages I say.

jammay123

State 12th Man
vaery good series which was deservedly won by england. could his finally be an england odi team that can consistantly challange all other major nations?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Test cricket is real cricket - all I have to say.

:p
On a serious note, well done England you guys certainly did outplay us in this one day series, just the way we outplayed you in the tests tbh.

Most people would've thought for things to be the other way around before this series, with England winning the Tests, and India winning the ODI series.

But whatever the results, both teams played some great cricket, it was truly a memorable English tour. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses, areas where they can improve and areas where they can continue to do good in. Both teams, I am sure, learned a lot from this.

As a die hard Indian fan, yes I am a bit disappointed that we couldn't win it all (both the tests AND the one dayers), but as they say, you learn more from defeat. And I am sure this has been a great experience for the Indian players. England played amazing one day cricket, no doubt, they outplayed us in pretty much every department. But I am glad that atleast India did show some fighting spirit in the previous two one dayers.

Hopefully, India improves their game before the series against Pakistan and Australia. And gives a much better performance.

But yes, overall, as an Indian fan, I'm fairly happy with the 1-0 India and 4-3 England results on this tour.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to win, and I'm trying to remember the last time we won two oneday series in the same year. Really, the win in Aus was more impressive, but this side looks more settled.

Loads of plusses - Bell's consistency, Collingwood's all round performance (arguably our best batsmen - he didn't benefit from as many letoffs as Bell, and was twice cut short by runouts), Fred's bowling, Bopara, Broad (who will surely take more wickets when not facing SRT & SG on a series of roads), Mascarenhas improving all the time, Anderson usually achieving early breakthoughs, KP eventually showing up and Wright's debut innings at The Oval. That lot could well provide the bulk of a decent side for years to come.

The only negatives are the obvious ones - Cook, Prior &, to a lesser extent, Panesar. The other loser out of all of this, imo, is Wright who, if he'd produced any sort of innings today after his 50 on debut would have been in pole position to open next time we play a 50 overs game. Instead, he reminded me of one journalist's description of Ally Brown's debut appearance - something along the lines of how he would hardly have looked more ridiculous if he's come out to bat in a clown's costume & riding a unicycle. Obviously he has talent, and I'd imagine we'll see more of him, but he hasn't made life easy for himself.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Nice to win, and I'm trying to remember the last time we won two oneday series in the same year. Really, the win in Aus was more impressive, but this side looks more settled.

Loads of plusses
I'm trying to remember the last time you saw something positive in an England side :ph34r:

Nishant

International 12th Man
On a serious note, well done England you guys certainly did outplay us in this one day series, just the way we outplayed you in the tests tbh.

Most people would've thought for things to be the other way around before this series, with England winning the Tests, and India winning the ODI series.

But whatever the results, both teams played some great cricket, it was truly a memorable English tour. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses, areas where they can improve and areas where they can continue to do good in. Both teams, I am sure, learned a lot from this.

As a die hard Indian fan, yes I am a bit disappointed that we couldn't win it all (both the tests AND the one dayers), but as they say, you learn more from defeat. And I am sure this has been a great experience for the Indian players. England played amazing one day cricket, no doubt, they outplayed us in pretty much every department. But I am glad that atleast India did show some fighting spirit in the previous two one dayers.

Hopefully, India improves their game before the series against Pakistan and Australia. And gives a much better performance.

But yes, overall, as an Indian fan, I'm fairly happy with the 1-0 India and 4-3 England results on this tour.
Sums up my views too TBH.....and im happy with the 2-1 win over SA...if u look at this as a tour...

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
In their last 40 ODIs, England are:

0-6 vs. Sri Lanka
1-4 vs. India
3-5 vs. Australia
2-3 vs. NZ
2-2 vs. Pakistan
3-2 vs. West Indies

That's not a terribly good record. They may do well, and maybe win, but domination I think is quite unrealistic.
4-3 vs India to add