• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How out was the Dhoni lbw? (that's not a rhetorical question)
I thought it was plumb, Atherton waffled on about benefit of the doubt, because he got forward, twaddle if you ask me.

Priors keeping is so untidy. If he doesn't score runs surely this is the last we'll see of him in ODIs:)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmm...Rohit Sharma's had a decent English holiday...surprisingly, he's not got even one match in the series.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Dhoni in the series so far has 133 runs in 202 balls at about 60 per 100 balls. Thats a worse strike rate then everyone who has batted for India this summer barring Powar and RP Singh !!

Maybe the greatest keeper batsman and the greatest hitter the game has ever seen (PBUH) will finally wake up and do something now.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You could make a case for dropping Cook, whose runs have almost completely dried up, and moving Wright into the top 3, where he plays for his county. If Fred's fit, he would bat at 7.
Modesty should forbid, but I don't get many right ...

Anyway, I reckon this one's far from over of Dhoni stays there for most of the innings.
Given the fragility of England's top order, 220 could well be a winning score today - the lower order won't save us every time.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I don't care. i'm calling it now.

Bell for MOTS.

After the Windies series, where Dimi didn't do anything of note, he was econmoical, but nothing more. I can see why Warne has been calling for inclusion in the team for a while now.

Also, regardless of last games heroics, india really need to be looking at their batting line-up, full of super stars in the wrong place.

I would like to see something like:

1. Ganguly
2. Tendulkar
3. Yuvraj: he is really coming on now as a senior player and batting here would just allow him to take advantage of being in amongst some major possible changes
4. x. Gambhir? Sharma? Uthappa? Someone else
5. Dravid - his best position. He can build an demolished innings and he can also score as fast as anyone when needed
6. Dhoni

pasag

RTDAS
Was a fair point by grecian before the delete :unsure: , getting the tailenders out here are essential otherwise you have Dhoni doing what he just did so it was a good wicket from Monty. Although need to get RP out now asap or India will still be in the match if Dhoni continues this.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Please please please please dont mess this run chase up England!

Wright looks to be opening, so lets him he stays there for an hour and it will be over fast :laugh: Although knowing my luck he'll edge to keeper first ball :@