• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's The Best Bowler EVER?

sideshowtim

Banned
McGrath. Dominated the world's greatest batsmen in a time of short boundaries and flat pitches. There isn't a single blight on his record and the impact he has on the Australian cricket team was quite enormous. What a bowler.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
McGrath is the best I've ever seen I think. Hard to say the best ever. Obviously Marshall, Murali, Warne and Ambrose etc. up there too.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know for certain Sarwan once bowled an illegal ball - my Auntie's boyfriend's dad knows some West Indian fellow who is friends with Sarwan's dad - apparently he once confessed that he allowed his elbow to bend 0.2degrees in some Carib Beer game once.

:(

That's a few shattered illusions I tell you!

JBMAC

State Captain
1. How deep is the Ocean?
2. How long is a piece of string?

THESES are easier questions to answer...this thread could go on forever and break all time forum records[same as the batsman one] without any type of resolution,

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It probably would be the longest ever if all threads along these lines were combined TBH...

There's a job for you, Mr Robert "Threads Merged" Cribb. ;)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know for certain Sarwan once bowled an illegal ball - my Auntie's boyfriend's dad knows some West Indian fellow who is friends with Sarwan's dad - apparently he once confessed that he allowed his elbow to bend 0.2degrees in some Carib Beer game once.

:(

That's a few shattered illusions I tell you!
one exception doesn't disprove the rule.

you are obviously jealous of the only BOWLER in the history of the game..... ;) :p

pup11

International Coach
I would say that Shane Keith Warne is probably the best bowler ever and the number of wickets that he took is not the only criteria that makes me say this, it was his mental determination and superb cricketing brain that probably made him the best bowler ever atleast IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't often speak out against Warne but I just can't see how he could be considered better than Marshall TBH.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't often speak out against Warne but I just can't see how he could be considered better than Marshall TBH.
Nor can I. For me, Marshall>Warne. McGrath and Hadlee are also pretty close to Warne IMO.