• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, yes it is. The former lead singer of The Specials, Fun Boy Three & Colourfield, Richard "Langers" Hingston.

Philistine. :@

Indeed :laugh:

Terry Hall was always a fave of mine. Any particular reason for sticking him on your posts righat this moment in time?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Just seen the long term weather forecast for the North-East. Lets just say its not good at all. If its accurate i doubt we'll see any play whatsoever on Friday at least. :@
Actually i guessed that by seeing the bookmaker's odds for this match which have the draw as odds on favourite. These guys obviously know something....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm a long way from Durham but the talk of rain this weekend is depressing, I'm supposed to be having a BBQ on Saturday

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God the weather is absolutely dire today, it's like bloody winter again. Wet, cold, windy - horrible stuff. I haven't even gone outside in it, it's cold enough indoors as it is. Yesterday was bad enough, rained quietly all day.

I'm about 20 miles away from the ground, so they'll be getting similar weather there.

pasag

RTDAS
Just checked the TV guide and I think the only day we have coverage for is the first, so it better not get rained out :@ . Might get Prince to send another angry letter to Foxtel :p.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It's absolutely chucked it down all day, and it doesn't look like it's going to relent. It's strange really, because last weekend it was roasting. I went through 3 different pairs of gloves in just 2 hours because of the sweat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just checked the TV guide and I think the only day we have coverage for is the first, so it better not get rained out :@ . Might get Prince to send another angry letter to Foxtel :p.
You'd think they'd have fixed it this time given the angry letters I sent them during the second and third tests...

Oh well, they're asking for it now. :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
God the weather is absolutely dire today, it's like bloody winter again. Wet, cold, windy - horrible stuff. I haven't even gone outside in it, it's cold enough indoors as it is. Yesterday was bad enough, rained quietly all day.

I'm about 20 miles away from the ground, so they'll be getting similar weather there.
You going the Test Scaly?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He bowls about 10km/h slower than Bravo and Sammy though, and he wasn't very accurate either. He seems no more of a batting allrounder than Mahela Jayawardene for mine. He could develop it, obviously, but he's certainly nowhere close to having his bowling influence selection at international level IMO. Has a good record with the bat though obviously...
As I said, he's a batting allrounder extremely early into his career. He's barely bowled. Look at his domestic record. I'm sure it'll reflect that fact. Not really much of a chance to develop his bowling thus far. I'm fairly certain he wasn't picked as a genuine allrounder anyway. Just a batsman who can bowl a little, and only occasionally too. He's shown in Twenty20 cricket that he can be a useful bowler, but he's way short of any perceived quality.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If WI had won the OT Test Rampaul would get nowhere near the side but what's the use of playing Collymore to try and win a dead Test. I'd rather the most important players be rested apart from say Gayle who needs to play. Who knows? Rampaul may just bowl well. Not like there's any pride in hading out these caps anyway what with Sylvester Joseph getting more than one.
You don't give people Test caps for the sake of it. If a player isn't ready for Test cricket, you don't let him play Test cricket, regardless of the state of the series. Test cricket means more than that. Sylvester Joseph is a far better batsman than Ravi Rampaul is a bowler. Look at his domestic record and 'A' team record over recent seasons. Certainly far more worthy of his Test caps than Rampaul is at this stage.

And I think it'd do much more for West Indies cricket to win the final Test than to lose 3-0 and give Ravi Rampaul some match practice.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
How come this game's a Friday start? Spent until 11.30 this morning wondering where cricinfo's scoreboard was.