• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I suppose. And it's possible I'll not be watching so much as a single ball of it as I'm at work till 5:30 tomorrow, then off out with the missus, then off to Wales this weekend, then at work all day Monday and Tuesday.

Sounds like there won't be much play anyway, though. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course. But runs against Exeter Third XI and runs against New Zealand "A" are clearly different in their currency.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, so I did. Barely notice these things these days, TBH.

Will probably post in the Milestones thread now though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Only way runs should differ in terms of difference between say Pakistan and Zimbabwe is in a case of how much they score against them e.g Sarwan's runs against Bangladesh. AFAIK Lara hasn't scored heavily against either of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. The oppostion may be weak but you still have to score.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zimbabwe and Bangladesh are Test sides. Those other two aren't.
But they are substandard, that is what Richard is getting at. I can see your point of view, for example we would consider runs against a weak 2nd XI the same as we would consider runs against a strong 2nd XI, even if the weak side didn't deserve to be in the same competition.

roseboy64

But they are substandard, that is what Richard is getting at. I can see your point of view, for example we would consider runs against a weak 2nd XI the same as we would consider runs against a strong 2nd XI, even if the weak side didn't deserve to be in the same competition.
Yeah that's my point.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that's my point.
BUT since the standard of cricket is on a much higher level, then I think it is understandable that Richard doesn't like to include runs scored against Bangladesh and weak Zimbabwe. I myself usually take out runs scored against these two opponents if I am indulging in a proper debate.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Deduct Bangladesh and some Zimbabwe.
...and he averages a run more than his career average. What's your point?

I can't believe you're trying to, in any way, discredit the career record of such a hardworking, fighting cricketer as Chanderpaul. Oh wait, I actually can believe it. :mellow:

roseboy64

BUT since the standard of cricket is on a much higher level, then I think it is understandable that Richard doesn't like to include runs scored against Bangladesh and weak Zimbabwe. I myself usually take out runs scored against these two opponents if I am indulging in a proper debate.
Don't see how it matters really. They're considered Test class sides by their status and as such runs scored/wickets taken against them should be viewed as such. Just as runs scored against Scotland in ODs adds to a batsman's average and may help in him being selected for ODIs so should the runs he scores against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in ODIs.