• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worlds Best Batsmen [Present]

Best batsmen in the world?

• KP

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Tendulkar

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Adam Gilchrist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricky Ponting

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Ian Bell

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you say Dravid is poor in twenty20s, he is defensive in tests, adequately paced in ODIs, what the hell makes you think that means he cannot bat agressively in twenty20? Fact is, he has not batted much in twenty20s with two innings and 1 fifty at a strike rate of 127.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
How can you say Dravid is poor in twenty20s, he is defensive in tests, adequately paced in ODIs, what the hell makes you think that means he cannot bat agressively in twenty20? Fact is, he has not batted much in twenty20s with two innings and 1 fifty at a strike rate of 127.
Exactly, and Dravid can accelerate when he needs to. We've seen him slog in the end overs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quite frankly if Dravid was utterly useless in Twenty20s it'd not change my view of him one little bit. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
dravid and kalies best in 20/20 games lol hah

they would make 15 runs in the whole 20 overs
The day that everyone starts using 20/20 (or ODI for that matter) as a judge of how good a batsman someone is, is the day that I'll kill myself (or switch my allegiance to football).

FRAZ

International Captain
Shiv Narain Chanderpaul
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Ricky Ponting
They have absolute tie in between them in my mind !!!

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The day that everyone starts using 20/20 (or ODI for that matter) as a judge of how good a batsman someone is, is the day that I'll kill myself (or switch my allegiance to football).
I already went in the opposite direction, TBH, and that was loooooooooong before Twenty20 was first seriously considered (it was actually at the time the idea was first loosely mooted).

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dravid and kalies best in 20/20 games lol hah

they would make 15 runs in the whole 20 overs
There are three forms of international cricket you know, and Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis are leading batsman in all three forms. Just because they are defensively minded in Test match cricket does not mean they don't know how to step up the pace in limited overs games, they have demonstrated this ability in the past and will continue to do it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think it was in the longer game, TBH - though I refuse to term said game a Test because it was against Zimbabwe in 2004\05. 8-)

R_D

International Debutant
There are three forms of international cricket you know, and Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis are leading batsman in all three forms. Just because they are defensively minded in Test match cricket does not mean they don't know how to step up the pace in limited overs games, they have demonstrated this ability in the past and will continue to do it.
Guy's just troll.. i don't even bother reading any of his posts anymore. They all seem same.. Dravid and Kallis are slow. India suck........ thats about sums up most of his posts.

cover drive man

International Captain
Guy's just troll.. i don't even bother reading any of his posts anymore. They all seem same.. Dravid and Kallis are slow. India suck........ thats about sums up most of his posts.
Perm isn't a troll he's a very good poster. He isn't a troll for having a different opinion.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Perm isn't a troll he's a very good poster. He isn't a troll for having a different opinion.
He isn't talking about Perm, that Haroon guy ;)
:laugh: Oh dear...

How on Earth could you have thought R_D was talking about our latest Staff addition, cdm?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, it's Kallies. Always Kallies.