• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not a bad side to get going with, I guess. You may simply want to buy a med bowler to replace Samaranayake, considering you have a mediocre batsman below him.

Anyway, Got a 100k bid on Benjamin with 2 hours to go. This pays off the money I spent on upgrading my academy to superb and gives me an extra bit of cash. Wonder if I'll get any more bids.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Not a bad side to get going with, I guess. You may simply want to buy a med bowler to replace Samaranayake, considering you have a mediocre batsman below him.

Anyway, Got a 100k bid on Benjamin with 2 hours to go. This pays off the money I spent on upgrading my academy to superb and gives me an extra bit of cash. Wonder if I'll get any more bids.
I've got this guys off the bench:

Mohamed Madheny - 19 yo, BT Rating=2,986
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: feeble
Fielding: feeble

Tharmi told me to bat Samaranayake above Jebamani cus his got abysmal stamina. I was thinking when i get Jebamani stamina up to woeful to bring in Madheny, as Samaranayke batting wont be needed as much. I'll see how my top order goes in the first couple games.

NZTailender

I've got this guys off the bench:
Tharmi told me to bat Samaranayake above Jebamani cus his got abysmal stamina. I was thinking when i get Jebamani stamina up to woeful to bring in Madheny, as Samaranayke batting wont be needed as much. I'll see how my top order goes in the first couple games.
:) Sounds like a good plan. What are your finances, btw? Be careful not to go bankrupt within your first week! ;)

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
:) Sounds like a good plan. What are your finances, btw? Be careful not to go bankrupt within your first week! ;)
After i brought all my staff, not looking too good :ph34r: I went a bit overboard but we should be ok, hopefully.

Balance Current Balance: £200,000
Projected balance at next Update: £8,723

NZTailender

After i brought all my staff, not looking too good :ph34r: I went a bit overboard but we should be ok, hopefully.

Balance Current Balance: £200,000
Projected balance at next Update: £8,723
Sounds like me when I started with my current team. Don't worry, just sit on your hands for a bit and don't buy anyone and claw back some cash and you'll be on your way :D

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Thanks guys i but i've already got plenty of mediocre players. I've noticed that you can get older respectable for pretty much nothing. Might wait till Saturday's update before i buy any more players anyway.

EDIT: btw just noticed i brought a player from the Colts' spinner sides, Weber, his team VCC right. Also noticed one of Tharmi old players Anton Baptise is on the market for nil.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Got a 1m bid for this guy, pretty happy with that to be honest as he's not good enough for my team anymore and I was only keeping him for FC which seemed pointless to me as I don't have any all-rounders at the moment so fitness shouldn't be too much of a problem:

Brijesh Singh - 22 yo, BT Rating=21,818 [transfer listed]
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: proficient
Bowling: competent Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful

Agent TBY

International Captain
Got a 1m bid for this guy, pretty happy with that to be honest as he's not good enough for my team anymore and I was only keeping him for FC which seemed pointless to me as I don't have any all-rounders at the moment so fitness shouldn't be too much of a problem:

Brijesh Singh - 22 yo, BT Rating=21,818 [transfer listed]
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful
Eh? How much would this guy sell for, then?

Taran Islam - 23 yo, BT Rating=17,845
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Probably up around 2 million.

I'm free for a friendly in case anyone is interested in aiding Summers' rehabilitation back into being a gun bowler.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Someone gun like nibbs or Mahinidididididno play me in a friendly.

Alternatively, someone who's got a similar squad. Clapo or Rodgie perhaps. Have to avenge my fallen bretheren at Bobisback.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Probably up around 2 million.
So if I get a combined 3.5 million for Islam and Barton put together, and have 1.5 million in the bank already, what level bowler would I have a chance of getting?

Also, do I list them after the games tomorrow? For 2mil and 1.5mil each?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
With 5m you'd be lucky to get a wonderful, you might be able to manage a remarkable with half-decent secondaries. I got a wonderful for 5.3m, but only because his stamina was woeful.

Agent TBY

International Captain
1. Andrew Whittingham £5,000,000 (Aquantra CC)
Plays for: The Borfus CC Stamina: mediocre W/Keeping: feeble
Age: 23 years old Batting: abysmal Concentration: mediocre
BT Rating: 28,974 Bowling: remarkable Consistency: strong
Deadline: 01/03/2007 15:27 Fielding: competent

This guy worth it? He's got wages of £7,391 p/w, atm. I wonder if anyone'll be willing to put in early bids for my players if I list them.

Status
Not open for further replies.