• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He's at boarding school, and they've blocked the site. Talked to him on MSN a while ago. How long does he have to log on before he becomes inactive though?
Did they block the address (www.battrick.org) or Battrick's entire site i.e. IP's and all that(geeze my lack of knowledge in the situation is hilarious).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The entire site, he tried using the IP (the thing with numbers, that is) and it didn't work.
Does he have a mobile? Maybe he could text a trustee his password and bowling orders, etc.

Although that may give the mods suspicions about multiple accounts.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Does he have a mobile? Maybe he could text a trustee his password and bowling orders, etc.

Although that may give the mods suspicions about multiple accounts.
He gave me his password a while back when he went on holidays, so he may not have changed them, and if it comes to it I'll log in to keep him active, but he's still coming first in his league, and he did mention that he can access it if he goes out.

PY

International Coach
He gave me his password a while back when he went on holidays, so he may not have changed them, and if it comes to it I'll log in to keep him active, but he's still coming first in his league, and he did mention that he can access it if he goes out.
Haha, I can just imagine Rob sneaking out of boarding school in the dead of night, just to log on to BT to check out his progress.

Would be worse if he was 18 and able to go on nights out, he'd duck out the club to pop to the local internet cafe. :p

nibbs

International Captain
He's at boarding school, and they've blocked the site. Talked to him on MSN a while ago. How long does he have to log on before he becomes inactive though?
I think it is 6 weeks, although I'm not quite sure. I'm sure Rob will find a way around this. Where is his boarding school? Surely in a town? And what do most towns have? Internet cafes, thats what. Rob will find a way. He won't want all his hard work to go waste. Although, his participation in the BT Cup 5 could be placed in jeopardy.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
For those who just read the BT thread (i.e Trev), we starting our CW Battrick Cup 5 next week. Were still looking for about 7 sign ups so post your team details here if you want to take part in the cup.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Where is his boarding school? Surely in a town?
Is he in the UK? A lot of older boarding schools will be on their own sites out in the countryside, possibly with a nearby village or two, but nothing major. My old school stopped boarding in the '70s - even if it was boarding these days, I cannot think of an internet café within 3 miles of the place.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Rob's in Melbourne, isn't he? Pretty sure he'll be able to find outside internet access sometime in the next three weeks (before he goes inactive).

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Just noticed you're online Trev, forgot to mention your YP. He was basically the same as mine, should've put the ITS in bowling instead. :(

Scaly piscine

Just looked at England's result against Sri Lanka on a dusty pitch... Pugh the only fast bowler goes for 8-0-80-0 while the two opening Sri Lanka medium pacers have gun performances. Anyone here think Jon Lewis would be hugely successful in Asia? Much more than someone like Shoaib Akhtar who averages 22 there but obviously should be useless? Ridiculous.

Bobisback

International Regular
Just looked at England's result against Sri Lanka on a dusty pitch... Pugh the only fast bowler goes for 8-0-80-0 while the two opening Sri Lanka medium pacers have gun performances. Anyone here think Jon Lewis would be hugely successful in Asia? Much more than someone like Shoaib Akhtar who averages 22 there but obviously should be useless? Ridiculous.
We all know Battrick has its problems, but its what we have, and i doubt that it will ever be perfect. I enjoy the game, even though sometimes it annoys me, with collapses and the likes, i understand that its a game that is still being developed.
I realise you're a valued member of this forum, and im probably going to get some negative attention from this, but really, do you have to complain about every little thing?

Scaly piscine

We all know Battrick has its problems, but its what we have, and i doubt that it will ever be perfect. I enjoy the game, even though sometimes it annoys me, with collapses and the likes, i understand that its a game that is still being developed.
I realise you're a valued member of this forum, and im probably going to get some negative attention from this, but really, do you have to complain about every little thing?
I don't complain about every little thing. I complain about the stupid results on dusty pitches and the collapses, which I've not mentioned for a while. Things like this shouldn't be so badly out. I post plenty of other things in this thread so I'm perfectly entitled to complain as well.

The dusty pitch nonsense cost me at least 133k, some morale and PFL - if it happened to you you'd find it annoying.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Fortunately, it looks as though something's going to be done about collapses...at least indirectly, given that Allan's going to have a look at bowlers' batting.

The pitch types thing, well, I think it's fair to say that BT doesn't quite reflect reality :unsure:

Still, for every Shoaib Akhtar, there must be plenty of other pacemen who've done abysmally on the subcontinent.

Scaly piscine

Fortunately, it looks as though something's going to be done about collapses...at least indirectly, given that Allan's going to have a look at bowlers' batting.

The pitch types thing, well, I think it's fair to say that BT doesn't quite reflect reality :unsure:

Still, for every Shoaib Akhtar, there must be plenty of other pacemen who've done abysmally on the subcontinent.
Brett Lee averages 20.58 in Asia. Flintoff 24.84. Bond 18.23. Can't really think of anyone else at the moment who's fast. All below their career ODI averages I think. Bangladesh probably skews the figures a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.