• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Commonwealth Bank Tri-Series

pup11

International Coach
I fear for hussey his average might have dropped down a lot, was his duck at sydney his first in his odi career. As for aussies not being able to defend 252, my point is from 229-3, how the hell did they manage to get bowled out for 252 with a good 9 balls to spare.

irfan

State Captain
I fear for hussey his average might have dropped down a lot, was his duck at sydney his first in his odi career. As for aussies not being able to defend 252, my point is from 229-3, how the hell did they manage to get bowled out for 252 with a good 9 balls to spare.
Even India would be proud of that collapse.

Nemesis27

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I don't think that Australia were 3-229, but they were like 4 for 220 odd, but what ever, it was still a bad collapse. And as for letting England win after they were 3 for 15, thats awful, no team should ever win a game from that position, unless the target is terrible.

Australia were quite dissapointing overall in the series, there were only 2 games which they dominated, the rest they either just snuck home or they were beaten, as was the case 3 times in a row against england. Australia's ODI form hasn't been great, sure they won the champions trophy, but they still lost a game against the west indies there and weren't overly convincing.

Australia is easily beatable in the WC if the teams play Australia on merit, not reputation, and maybe thats what england done. The team which couldnt bat, bowl or field at all suddenly became very good at all 3, and you would have to say, the pressure got to Australia.

pup11

International Coach
The thing is aussies didn't expected such a comeback from england , they thought that they could get away by playing watson and hogg[without any match practice] in the finals. They never considered what might happen if england target these 2 rusty bowlers, and thats what exactly england did, and due to this the aussies failed to deliver the knockout punch every time they had england in trouble.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think that Australia were 3-229, but they were like 4 for 220 odd, but what ever, it was still a bad collapse. And as for letting England win after they were 3 for 15, thats awful, no team should ever win a game from that position, unless the target is terrible.

Australia were quite dissapointing overall in the series, there were only 2 games which they dominated, the rest they either just snuck home or they were beaten, as was the case 3 times in a row against england. Australia's ODI form hasn't been great, sure they won the champions trophy, but they still lost a game against the west indies there and weren't overly convincing.

Australia is easily beatable in the WC if the teams play Australia on merit, not reputation, and maybe thats what england done. The team which couldnt bat, bowl or field at all suddenly became very good at all 3, and you would have to say, the pressure got to Australia.

Yup. Origami batting at its finest - folding in several interesting ways when pressure is applied in the right places. One of the things that struck me about England's last 3 games against Aus was that there was only one occasion when the Aus batters were completely on top, being the Hayden/Ponting partnership in the 1st final. That's quite remarkable given the state of the England attack and the experience of the Aus batters. The other thing is how comfortable England's batting lineup, which really isn't special in world terms, looked for most of the time in those 3 games. The result really wasn't a fluke.

Whether that makes Aus "easily beatable" in the WC is another matter. Beatable, yes, but I would imagine they'll come back strongly from this, and I'd still make them favourites if I had to pick someone. But they're not what they were.

Fiery

Banned
I'm still pretty disgusted with the behaviour of 4 or 5 Australian members after their team lost on Sunday night tbh. Admittedly my ribbing of Shane Watson was probably OTT in hindsight but I saw it as harmless trans-Tasman banter and ribbing. It obviously went on for too long and got a bit much for some people...apologies. However, I didn't expect the barrage of personal abuse, where I was directly told I was a **** by pasag, had death-wishes bordering on death-threats, ranging from being run over by a bus, told I would be knifed if I ever went near Fuller (whoever he is) by dontcloseyoureyes, told I was a tool and to go and play in traffic by Clapo...I even had my own words twisted to suggest I was in an incestuous relationship with my 1-year-old daughter by PrinceEWS. I've been a member (on and off) of this site for over 3 years and am pretty thick-skinned but it was some of the ugliest stuff I've seen tbh, and was pretty shocked by it. I did not think I would ever visit this site again but having thought about it for a few days can see that's probably an over-reaction and exactly what those particular members would want. I would rather now allow them that satisfaction so I'm here to stay unfortunately for those members named above. I also thought it would be a good idea to highlight my disgust so as to try and improve the overall standard of this site.

Clapo, if you think I'm a troll, as you have stated numerous times now, then it's common knowledge that the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. I would prefer it if you ignored me and I'll do the same to you, rather than spit your vitriol any time I say something you disagree with.

I will try to tone down the Shane Watson-bashing. I had no idea it would spark such a venomous reaction from his fans.

To those I have mentioned above and any others I may have offended throughout this thread, I've said things I haven't really meant and are meant in jest and my words may have be taken out of context at times. I admit that this is a form of flame-baiting I have been guilty of. (I am partial to doing that when it comes to my friends in the West Island and over in Old Blighty). Here's a formal apology for those who have taken me too literally. As I said, I'll try to tone it down

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm still pretty disgusted with the behaviour of 4 or 5 Australian members after their team lost on Sunday night tbh. Admittedly my ribbing of Shane Watson was probably OTT in hindsight but I saw it as harmless trans-Tasman banter and ribbing. It obviously went on for too long and got a bit much for some people...apologies. However, I didn't expect the barrage of personal abuse, where I was directly told I was a **** by pasag, had death-wishes bordering on death-threats, ranging from being run over by a bus, told I would be knifed if I ever went near Fuller (whoever he is) by dontcloseyoureyes, told I was a tool and to go and play in traffic by Clapo...I even had my own words twisted to suggest I was in an incestuous relationship with my 1-year-old daughter by PrinceEWS. I've been a member (on and off) of this site for over 3 years and am pretty thick-skinned but it was some of the ugliest stuff I've seen tbh, and was pretty shocked by it. I did not think I would ever visit this site again but having thought about it for a few days can see that's probably an over-reaction and exactly what those particular members would want. I would rather now allow them that satisfaction so I'm here to stay unfortunately for those members named above. I also thought it would be a good idea to highlight my disgust so as to try and improve the overall standard of this site.

Clapo, if you think I'm a troll, as you have stated numerous times now, then it's common knowledge that the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. I would prefer it if you ignored me and I'll do the same to you, rather than spit your vitriol any time I say something you disagree with.

I will try to tone down the Shane Watson-bashing. I had no idea it would spark such a venomous reaction from his fans.

To those I have mentioned above and any others I may have offended throughout this thread, I've said things I haven't really meant and are meant in jest and my words may have be taken out of context at times. I admit that this is a form of flame-baiting I have been guilty of. (I am partial to doing that when it comes to my friends in the West Island and over in Old Blighty). Here's a formal apology for those who have taken me too literally. As I said, I'll try to tone it down

Fiery gets threatened with death. No Muslim outrage.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm still pretty disgusted with the behaviour of 4 or 5 Australian members after their team lost on Sunday night tbh.
Well if you're referring to me in there, which I think you probably are, it's not my team so you might want to rephrase that. In all your Australian-fan-baiting, you caught an angry Shane Watson fan.

I even had my own words twisted to suggest I was in an incestuous relationship with my 1-year-old daughter by PrinceEWS.
Haha, you make it sound like I called you a pedophile or something. My post on the matter quoted your post and responded with "Haha, sig worthy." I accused you of nothing and called you nothing - I was simply making fun of the wording of your post, not actually insinuating anything. I think that much was obvious or it would have been deleted. I apologise if you took it the wrong way, even though that'd clearly be your fault and not mine..

Fiery

Banned
Haha, you make it sound like I called you a pedophile or something. My post on the matter quoted your post and responded with "Haha, sig worthy." I accused you of nothing and called you nothing - I was simply making fun of the wording of your post, not actually insinuating anything. I think that much was obvious or it would have been deleted. I apologise if you took it the wrong way, even though that'd clearly be your fault and not mine..
Some things you just don't go near Prince EWS. You might understand when/if you ever have kids yourself...that was the thing that riled me the most actually so I must have "taken it the wrong way". I accept your apology however. I have said my piece and apologised and don't want to continue this argument any longer so please let it go.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some things you just don't go near Prince EWS. You might understand when/if you ever have kids yourself...that was the thing that riled me the most actually so I must have "taken it the wrong way". I accept your apology however.
I wasn't implying anything with your kids though - I was making fun of your post, rather than actually saying anything untoward.

The post "Hahaha sig worthy" is hardly evil.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't stop because you want it to stop, Fiery. That's James' job.

Anything unpleasant that has happened on this thread is a direct result of your behaviour and attitude towards other CW members. Deal with it.

EDIT: Not that I necessarily agree with the behaviour of other members in response to you...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I did not think I would ever visit this site again but having thought about it for a few days can see that's probably an over-reaction
Shame, that.

Fuller's FaaipDeOaid (I don't care if that's spelt right or not tbh) and it was really a joke regarding him as a person. If you posted in OT more, or knew him on MSN, you'd get it, I guess.

Anyway, leave again.