• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Please, key players like Asif, Gul, Shabbir, Malik, Inzi and some others really do not need to risk getting injured in some ******* 20-20 and screw up our chances of winning in the World Cup. Surely that can't be so difficult to understand.
Yeah, I don't think Pakistan should be risking the likes of Asif and Inzamam in a 20/20 game especially considering Inzy has a bad back and Asif is Pakistan's only inform bowler left in South Africa.

The sides I would select for tomorrow would look something like this...

South Africa
1. Smith- Captain
2. Bosman
3. van Wky- Wicket Keeper
4. AB
5. Kemp
6. Pollock
7. Bodi
8. Morkel
9. van der Wath
10. Robbie P
11. Thomas

Pakistan
1. Mohammad Hafeez
2. Imran Farhat
3. Younis Khan- Captain
4. Yasir Hameed
5. Abdul Razzaq
6. Afridi
7. Zulqarnain Haider- Wicket Keeper
8. Rana
9. Abdur Rehman
10. Sami
11. Ahmed/Gul

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So you don't mind a bowler who's not really in the team to take wickets and create pressure?.It's like Panesar v Giles as Gilo is a good fielder and can get some runs but Monty is the much better spinner.If I was a SA supporter I'd much rather have Harris who would be a wicket taking option as opposed to Peterson who will probably bowl 5-6 overs for 35-40 runs.One day cricket is about taking wickets and building pressure
All well and good but the difference between Harris and Robbie P in one day cricket for me are rather more marginal than Panesar/Giles. Both Harris and Robbie have similar List A records and for the route South Africa are currently pursuing, a cricketer like Paul Harris can not be a part of their side for the reasons I mentioned above. England need Panesar because they front line seamers are not up to, South Africa at home usually have most teams beaten in the first fifteen overs (when defending) or if not Andre Nel will then read the last rites to them.

I agree with your point, it was or is imperative that a good spinner does go to the West Indies but the reasons why the likes of Thomas, van Wky, JP are going to miss out on the World Cup is because they have little (or none) international experience. A Harris, Thandi or whoever should have been blooded much earlier but the selectors are insisted on selecting a side who's been there, done it and now wears the t-shirt. Precisely the reason why Roger Telemachus is in the side, not because his coloured because Alfonso Thomas is also coloured, and two times the cricketer Telemachus is but due to his inexperience abroad Alfonso simply won't play.

Last edited:

gunner

U19 Cricketer
younis khan has promised a dashing performance with pakistani batsmen going all out against SA

et if inzi was playing plan would be to take singles till 15th over and then attack
cant wait to see imran nazir and afridi going balastic
and add hafeez,malik and razzaq to that too

by the time these 5 get out then score should be 180 already by the 10th over

haroon510

International 12th Man
Yeah, I don't think Pakistan should be risking the likes of Asif and Inzamam in a 20/20 game especially considering Inzy has a bad back and Asif is Pakistan's only inform bowler left in South Africa.

The sides I would select for tomorrow would look something like this...

South Africa
1. Smith- Captain
2. Bosman
3. van Wky- Wicket Keeper
4. AB
5. Kemp
6. Pollock
7. Bodi
8. Morkel
9. van der Wath
10. Robbie P
11. Thomas

Pakistan
1. Mohammad Hafeez
2. Imran Farhat
3. Younis Khan- Captain
4. Yasir Hameed
5. Abdul Razzaq
6. Afridi
7. Zulqarnain Haider- Wicket Keeper
8. Rana
9. Abdur Rehman
10. Sami
11. Ahmed/Gul
imran farhat and gul were sent home. imran nazir is going to cover for farhat. one other thing it is really unfair what they have done to imran farhat. at least he scored a fifty. why they didn't sent hafiz home. he didn't even make a 40 in the test series.
about kunaria it is a good move. kunaria isn't a one day bowler he is only a test bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
imran farhat and gul were sent home. imran nazir is going to cover for farhat. one other thing it is really unfair what they have done to imran farhat. at least he scored a fifty. why they didn't sent hafiz home. he didn't even make a 40 in the test series.
about kunaria it is a good move. kunaria isn't a one day bowler he is only a test bowler.
The fact that Hafeez actually looks like he might score some runs might have something to do with it. Farhat is a walking wicket - Hafeez looks promising to me.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yet another issue raised against Inzamam - ul - Haq and then they say Fraz is wrong ... HUH ,Huh .......................
Dumb head captain has such a bad habit of involving his ****** inner self in all the selection matters !!
8-) Yes because Inzi is the sole decision maker about team selection. Also, with Kaneria's stellar ODI record, it's a no-brainer that he should be selected right?

mat wkts ave econ sr
16 12 49.16 4.56 64.66

FRAZ

International Captain
8-) Yes because Inzi is the sole decision maker about team selection. Also, with Kaneria's stellar ODI record, it's a no-brainer that he should be selected right?

mat wkts ave econ sr
16 12 49.16 4.56 64.66
First of all these stats are not the basic issue over here . There are certain players who do not perform as expected in a certain form of cricket at the very initial period of their careers . Plus I guess Kaneria is one of the fittest options that Pakistan has right now and if one can gamble with Sami then why not Kaneria ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Fusion

Global Moderator
First of all these stats are not the basic issue over here . There are certain players who do not perform as expected in a certain form of cricket at the very initial period of their careers . Plus I guess Kaneria is one of the fittest options that Pakistan has right now and if one can gamble with Sami then why not Kaneria ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The point is that you had a go at Inzi for the non-selection of Kaneria. I am merely pointing out that Inzi is not the sole decision maker on team selection. Furthermore, Kaneria's record in ODI's is hardly impressive. So I don't see how not selecting him makes Inzi a bad captain. And regarding Sami, the sooner he's banished from Pak cricket the better!

FRAZ

International Captain
The point is that you had a go at Inzi for the non-selection of Kaneria. I am merely pointing out that Inzi is not the sole decision maker on team selection. Furthermore, Kaneria's record in ODI's is hardly impressive. So I don't see how not selecting him makes Inzi a bad captain. And regarding Sami, the sooner he's banished from Pak cricket the better!
First of all to debate upon this issue there is a thread made by me . Secondly here is a line written in the above news link "Kaneria has taken 198 wickets in 46 tests but played only 16 one-dayers. Captain Inzamam-ul-Haq had said he does not fit into the one-day combination.

Now I rest my case ladies and gentlemen and don't say that this doesn't suggest that Inzamam has nothing to do with his selection !!!

Fusion

Global Moderator
First of all to debate upon this issue there is a thread made by me . Secondly here is a line written in the above news link "Kaneria has taken 198 wickets in 46 tests but played only 16 one-dayers. Captain Inzamam-ul-Haq had said he does not fit into the one-day combination.

Now I rest my case ladies and gentlemen and don't say that this doesn't suggest that Inzamam has nothing to do with his selection !!!
Of course Inzamam has a say regarding team selection. But his is not the ONLY voice. The selectors and Woolmer have a lot of sway on that as well. Besides, I don't see how THEY have made such a bad decision. Based on his ODI record and play so far, I don't blame them for not selecting him.

FRAZ

International Captain
Of course Inzamam has a say regarding team selection. But his is not the ONLY voice. The selectors and Woolmer have a lot of sway on that as well. Besides, I don't see how THEY have made such a bad decision. Based on his ODI record and play so far, I don't blame them for not selecting him.
You could have simply said that "Inzamam doesn't want him to play the ODIs " !!! Simple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Could be a costly drop by AB in the context of the game, would only have need less than five runs per over but now we have a game on are hands. Pitch is doing quite a bit but Pakistan don’t have a plethora of seamers for tonight’s game and South Africa bat a long way down.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
younis khan has promised a dashing performance with pakistani batsmen going all out against SA

et if inzi was playing plan would be to take singles till 15th over and then attack
cant wait to see imran nazir and afridi going balastic
and add hafeez,malik and razzaq to that too

by the time these 5 get out then score should be 180 already by the 10th over
8-)

How brave was Afridi, coming back out after that horrendous blow?

It was so unfortunate as it clearly hampered him. It sums of the calibre and character of the man that he was able to score any runs at all in such seamer friendly conditions.

He also showed how unselfish he is, going for quick runs for the team when the overs were beginning to tick down. He was unlucky to get out.

His gutsy 7 was the equivalent of a century in normal circumstances, what with the injury and his balls swinging round corners.