• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Zulqarnain Haider has a list A batting average of 11.86!!!! after 42 matches.Surely there are better wicketkeepers in Pakistan?.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I would have put my house on SA to win that game, Pak aren't experienced in it at all. They have no idea what to do, I mean look at how Hafeez batted. Plus SA were paying 1.80 to Pak's 1.90, very generous.

Problem is, I did put money on SA to win, but with Aus to beat Eng in a multi-bet. Screw you Plunkett, chose a hell of a day to turn it on with the white pill.

shortpitched713

International Captain
So now that we're moving on to a form of cricket that people actually care about, this is the side that I think Pakistan should go with in the first ODI.

1. Yasir Hameed
2. Kamran Akmal+
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq*
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Naved-ul-Hasan
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Umar Gul
11. Mohammad Asif

This should really be adequate. It has the bowling and the batting, and the strength is the pace attack. I put Akmal in as opener, because out of the members of the squad I feel he has one of the better one day techniques and opening would probably suit him. Team really is missing Shoaib Malik, both for the depth he provides the batting and his spin bowling.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Yasir Hameed
2. Kamran Akmal+
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq*
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Naved-ul-Hasan
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Umar Gul
11. Mohammad Asif

This should really be adequate. It has the bowling and the batting, and the strength is the pace attack. I put Akmal in as opener, because out of the members of the squad I feel he has one of the better one day techniques and opening would probably suit him. Team really is missing Shoaib Malik, both for the depth he provides the batting and his spin bowling.
I disagree with a few selections and would take out Mohammed Sami who seems out of his depth for International cricket and play Abdur Rehman who has done well with the games he's played in.Also why no Mo Haffeez who looked in good touch in the 2020game.
I think there might be a case to drop Afridi from the one day team and play Shoaib Malik at 6 leaving Razzaq at 7 and Akmal at 8 which is a formidable lower order.Will Gul be fit for the opening one day game?.If he is this is my X1.I would maybe leave out Rehmani in the first game.

Mohammed Hafeez
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Naved ul-Hasan
Umar Gul
Mohammed Asif

I feel this looks a balanced X1 with options in the spin department in Malik and Hafeez and a strong pace attack and effective lower order batting.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So now that we're moving on to a form of cricket that people actually care about, this is the side that I think Pakistan should go with in the first ODI.

1. Yasir Hameed
2. Kamran Akmal+
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq*
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Naved-ul-Hasan
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Umar Gul
11. Mohammad Asif

Already played the Tests.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
not making excuses but there was a big difference in the pitch from when pak batted and when SA batted

When telemachus bowls like hes glenn mcgrath then something must be wrong
I can’t see how a pitch would change dramatically in the matter of fifteen minutes. Morkel was still seaming it miles in the final overs, the Pakistani bowlers simply bowled the wrong length. But when they did get it right (which wasn’t often) it did do a bit, Bosman was cut in half on a couple of occasions.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I disagree with a few selections and would take out Mohammed Sami who seems out of his depth for International cricket and play Abdur Rehman who has done well with the games he's played in.Also why no Mo Haffeez who looked in good touch in the 2020game.I think there might be a case to drop Afridi from the one day team and play Shoaib Malik at 6 leaving Razzaq at 7 and Akmal at 8 which is a formidable lower order.Will Gul be fit for the opening one day game?.If he is this is my X1.I would maybe leave out Rehmani in the first game.

Mohammed Hafeez
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Naved ul-Hasan
Umar Gul
Mohammed Asif

I feel this looks a balanced X1 with options in the spin department in Malik and Hafeez and a strong pace attack and effective lower order batting.
I thought he looked pretty poor TBH, how many times did he come down the track and just swat air?

Also supposedly Umar Gul has gone home, so Sami or Shabbir will have to play.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I would have put my house on SA to win that game, Pak aren't experienced in it at all. They have no idea what to do, I mean look at how Hafeez batted. Plus SA were paying 1.80 to Pak's 1.90, very generous.
They may not have a lot of international experience but 20/20 in Pakistan has been going for how long now? Four years so it's not a completely new game to most of the guys. And players such as Rana Naved should know the game pretty well now, considering his also played it in England but last nights show was a complete shower.

FRAZ

International Captain
1. Yasir Hameed
2. Kamran Akmal+
3. Younis Khan
4. Mohammad Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq*
6. Abdul Razzaq
7. Shahid Afridi
8. Naved-ul-Hasan
9. Mohammad Sami
10. Umar Gul
11. Mohammad Asif

For my liking Sami should be taken care of by giving Abdul Rehman a chance . For what I have seen for an off spinner Rehman is second only to Murali who give as much spin to the ball as humanly possible . Success rate and the variety is a different issue . Rehman does give the ball a lot of spin and it is un-believable !!!

godofcricket

State 12th Man
As far as i am concerned they should play Nazir in the first 2 to 3 games atleast.....we need a attacking opener for one-days.....yasir hameed is not really a good striker of the ball but i can understand why people might have him in the team, for me Nazir should be there instead.

1: Mohammad Hafeez
2: Imran Nazir
3: Younis Khan
4: Mohammad Yousuf
5: Inzamam-ul-Haq
6: Shoaib Malik
7: Abdul Razzaq
8: Kamran Akmal
9: Rana Naved
10: Umar Gul
11: Mohammad Asif

And once akhtar is fit for WC (hopefully) then Rana should be replaced by Akhtar. And that for me is the best pakistani line-up for WC.

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
I disagree with a few selections and would take out Mohammed Sami who seems out of his depth for International cricket and play Abdur Rehman who has done well with the games he's played in.Also why no Mo Haffeez who looked in good touch in the 2020game.
I think there might be a case to drop Afridi from the one day team and play Shoaib Malik at 6 leaving Razzaq at 7 and Akmal at 8 which is a formidable lower order.Will Gul be fit for the opening one day game?.If he is this is my X1.I would maybe leave out Rehmani in the first game.

Mohammed Hafeez
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam ul-Haq
Shoaib Malik
Abdur Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Naved ul-Hasan
Umar Gul
Mohammed Asif

I'd love to have Malik in the team, but unfortunately he isn't in the squad. Hafeez's ODI record isn't all that hot either. Mohammad Sami's ODI record is pretty decent, and notwithstanding his performance in Tests, I think they should have stuck with him for longer in ODIs and at least give him a chance before the World Cup. Afridi is a similar story, and while his batting may be a bit hit or miss, hes one of our best ODI bowlers and also should be given a shot before the World Cup.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I'd love to have Malik in the team, but unfortunately he isn't in the squad. Hafeez's ODI record isn't all that hot either. Mohammad Sami's ODI record is pretty decent, and notwithstanding his performance in Tests, I think they should have stuck with him for longer in ODIs and at least give him a chance before the World Cup. Afridi is a similar story, and while his batting may be a bit hit or miss, hes one of our best ODI bowlers and also should be given a shot before the World Cup.
I can maybe give you Afridi, but Sami??? Say it ain't so SP!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
shortpitched713;1066683. Afridi is a similar story said:
A bit hit and miss?.His batting is so unpredictable and he can only be relied to get a quick 20 or 30 at the best of times.And also Malik must be in the squad as he was playing in the 2020game.