• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't the Brisbane Pitch against the rules of the ICC

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
I thought the ICC said that test match wickets should offer something for both bowlers and batsmen. This one doesn't.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Calm down. Two days to go yet. Its not as much of a road as some of the ones served up in the IND-PAK series. I would have like a little bit more juice but there might be a result yet.

And in the end, you want a result.

techno t

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
and theres been no young top heavy female streakers to add something pleasant 2 the eye :devil2:

tooextracool

International Coach
Bob Bamber said:
I thought the ICC said that test match wickets should offer something for both bowlers and batsmen. This one doesn't.
Have you been watching any of the games in Australia over the last 5 years?
Anyways i wouldnt be surprised if we have some of our celebrated Aussie forum members coming up after this series and still telling us about how Australia are producing the best test match wickets in the world....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tooextracool said:
Anyways i wouldnt be surprised if we have some of our celebrated Aussie forum members coming up after this series and still telling us about how Australia are producing the best test match wickets in the world....
It doesn 't matter...after recent tours we've realised that at the end of the day cricket is always the winner, even if both teams struggle to score 100 or, alternatively, score 1000.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:

best of a very bad lot maybe...

Brisbane was a reasonable test wicket for mine. The rest are unlikely to be as good.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
In my eyes, there is nothing worse than a slow, flat and lifeless track. It isn't benefical to any sort of batting or bowling. If it's flat and lifeless then at least make it a flier, or if it's slow, then make it a big turner.

tooextracool

International Coach
age_master said:
best of a very bad lot maybe...

Brisbane was a reasonable test wicket for mine. The rest are unlikely to be as good.
Honestly if Brisbane is considered to be the best wicket in Australia after the rubbish that has been served on there over the last few years its quite a sad scenario really. Australia had 800 odd for 10 wickets on that pitch and England had they batted better in their first inning should probably have had something along similar lines.
I think in general England, SA and even India, SL and NZ are producing far better test match wickets at the moment. Only the WI and Pak producing anything near the same standard as Australia.

shortpitched713

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
In my eyes, there is nothing worse than a slow, flat and lifeless track.
Totally agree with you there mate. High scores, but takes forever getting there=:sleep:

Nothing worse in Test cricket. Except maybe a sticky wicket, but thats more of a personal hygiene issue really.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Melbourne's a lottery these days, don't know what you're going to get. Melb and Syd will both be "result" pitches, IMO. Doesn't necessarily mean they'll be good, of course...

Gottaluvcricket

Cricket Spectator
tooextracool said:
Honestly if Brisbane is considered to be the best wicket in Australia after the rubbish that has been served on there over the last few years its quite a sad scenario really. Australia had 800 odd for 10 wickets on that pitch and England had they batted better in their first inning should probably have had something along similar lines.
I think in general England, SA and even India, SL and NZ are producing far better test match wickets at the moment. Only the WI and Pak producing anything near the same standard as Australia.

Hey tooextracool, you should have your medication and eyesight checked, again. Any cricket lover with an IQ in double digits would prefer what you get here, then the slow, low and boring dust bowl stuff like you get there. Ahh well, at least you're good for a laugh :laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Gottaluvcricket said:
Hey tooextracool, you should have your medication and eyesight checked, again. Any cricket lover with an IQ in double digits would prefer what you get here, then the slow, low and boring dust bowl stuff like you get there. Ahh well, at least you're good for a laugh :laugh:
Just because certain teams can't win there doesn't mean its not a good cricket pitch.

As long as its not that infamous Mumbai pitch, or lifeless one where there are only draws, I have no problems it.

Last edited:

PUMASTEATH

Cricket Spectator
:sleep:
Australia just prooved that you can bat and bowl on the brisbane pitch i say it is the best pitch in Australia

only because the english cant win on it doesent mean its a bad pitch

:dry:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
5 results means 5 decent test match pitches. Stupid thread.
Haha, I've never heard so much **** in my life. That just doesn't make sense at all. You could play all 5 matches on a front lawn and you'd get 5 results, but it wouldn't be a good test match pitch would it?