• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Backed Kuch and Charl, don't see why I'd go against that ATM. Tiger is going to make the cut though, think it's no probs for him, he keeps on winning these Tournaments before a Major, and then doesn't sustain the momentum. More worrying for Rory.

Matteo doing pretty well in Europe again, looked incredible today.
Don't think Charl will hole enough putts so I think it will be one of the Yanks

Rory was much better today but still has problems with his swing

Westwood must be worried about his game

grecian

Yeah Charl's putting is a problem, funny really because when he won the Masters he putted incredibly on that back nine. Tee-to-green, he's just about the best around ATM.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anyone else watching the US Open? I don't generally watch Golf besides the Masters, but since I've put a few very small bets on and with the rain in the cricket, its kept me interested. I put 4 each way bets - one dude missed the cut, the other is Snedeker T25, Woods was my banker but he's way down in T31 and Hunter Mayen T2 who was paying $67 at the start of the tournament, so I'll be rooting for him, but I wouldn't mind if Jason Day won either.

Did you back Schwartzel Grecian?

Last edited:

grecian

Anyone else watching the US Open? I don't generally watch Golf besides the Masters, but since I've put a few very small bets on and with the rain in the cricket, its kept me interested. I put 4 each way bets - one dude missed the cut, the other is Snedeker T25, Woods was my banker but he's way down in T31 and Hunter Mayen T2 who was paying $67 at the start of the tournament, so I'll be rooting for him, but I wouldn't mind if Jason Day won either.

Did you back Schwartzel Grecian?
Yeah, I did, been a bit of a disaster other than him though.

Interesting leaderboard though, Mahan, Rose, Donald and Stricker all been names for awhile but haven't got that first major, and of course Phil, never winning the US Open, despite challenging constantly. Fancy Stricker myself, just think he'll make less mistakes, but it's anyones really.

Pothas

Yeah looking forward to it, going to be standard US open winning score.

Have got Rose and Mahan so in with a chance, rest of my bets missed the cut.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Justin has held it together so well these last few holes. He looked a bit shaky at one stage, which is understandable leading a major into these tough last 4 holes, but he's pulled out great iron shot after great iron shot.

Phil missing that birdie is big.