• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
C'mon Justin, hold it together you English hero/saffielivingintheUSA*

*delete as applicable depending on result

grecian

I've been watching every moment of Garcia's game looking for an infringement, reckon I can win this for Rose.

grecian

Gawd this game is so much down to luck, what a bounce for Justin, but not a bad shot from Garcia.

My hatred for Sergio is big, but if he wins this even I'll have to grudgingly say he deserved it.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't know enough about golf personalities to be aware of why you hate Garcia. Looks like he's got it though. Rose thrown it away with the putter.

Or not! Playoff.

grecian

Don't know enough about golf personalities to be aware of why you hate Garcia. Looks like he's got it though. Rose thrown it away with the putter.

Or not! Playoff.
Goes back years TBH, just think he's consistently been a dick, and yet gets undue love.

Putts of that length really been why he hasn't got about 7 majors.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Please for him. But it means Darren Gough will be even more unbearable than normal on talkSPORT after all the stick he took for predicting Garcia would win before the tournament started.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And in the predictions competition here's how it finished:

Code:
The Battlers Prince	105
King Pietersen		112
marc71178		128
Anil			153
Grecian			163
Following a stewards enquiry, Anil has been disqualified on the grounds that the 54 points he got for Tony Finau not making the cut were slightly false in that Finau didn't make the cut because he wasn't in the Tournament in the first place.

Well done to TBP, who was the only one of us to have 5 players make the cut.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well done to sergio! from a pure talent perspective, he certainly deserved a major, just tough to be really happy for the guy, he is such a dick!

the normally great putters like spieth and day just didn't have it this week and so the great ball-strikers with the average/streaky putting held sway...rose, garcia and schwartzel exemplify that group...others in the same category like mcilroy, casey and scott rounding up the top 10...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
And in the predictions competition here's how it finished:

Code:
The Battlers Prince	105
King Pietersen		112
marc71178		128
Anil			153
Grecian			163
Following a stewards enquiry, Anil has been disqualified on the grounds that the 54 points he got for Tony Finau not making the cut were slightly false in that Finau didn't make the cut because he wasn't in the Tournament in the first place.

Well done to TBP, who was the only one of us to have 5 players make the cut.
you will be hearing from my lawyer...:@