• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
What's Stenson got to do to win? Due a big week soon. Could it come at Augusta? I'm still backing Rickie and Rory, but really is wide open. Could be any one of a long list. Spieth, Rory, Day, Rickie, DJ, Scott, Bubba, Stenson, Reed, all playing great golf, going to be an incredible tournament.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's Stenson got to do to win? Due a big week soon. Could it come at Augusta? I'm still backing Rickie and Rory, but really is wide open. Could be any one of a long list. Spieth, Rory, Day, Rickie, DJ, Scott, Bubba, Stenson, Reed, all playing great golf, going to be an incredible tournament.
Stenson is renowned for the odd horror hole at the wrong time

He is the Swedish DJ

grecian

You've only chosen one person I'm going to back out of the 8, so I guess it is pretty open.

Oh I guess DJ is Johnson, not Trahan, so thats two.

Lydia Ko though, amount of times she nails a wedge on a final hole of a tournament, she is epic.

grecian

Schwartzel, Oostuizen, Matsuyama, Cabrera-Bello, Willets. Down with yanks is always my mantra.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
You've only chosen one person I'm going to back out of the 8, so I guess it is pretty open.

Oh I guess DJ is Johnson, not Trahan, so thats two.

Lydia Ko though, amount of times she nails a wedge on a final hole of a tournament, she is epic.
Yeah Ko is so clutch under pressure...and just 18 still! Greatness personified!

Shady Slim

International Coach
anyone down for a sort of draft out of all the players in augusta?

pick everyone and by the time the tourney's over each placing equals one point (eg seventh is seven points) and there is the ultimate goal to have all of your cumulative points the lowest?

ie if you were to pick 7th, 14th, 45th, 32nd, 24th, 55th, your score is all those numbers combined, and you are going to have the lowest possible score

gotta do it quickly if we do

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Go on current world rankings, everyone picks 5 players with total rankings no lower than x (to be decided).

Score 1 point for winner, 2 for 2nd etc. (120 points for missing the cut).

Lowest wins.

I'd suggest that with a field of 89, x should be around 225 (5 times the mid point)

With that in mind I'll pick:
Bubba Watson (4)
Phil Mickleson (18)
Martin Kaymer (50)
Ian Poulter (62)
Keegan Bradley (101)

Of course, if x is deemed lower than 225 I'll revisit.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Assume a deadline of when the first ball is struck and trusting those who didn't put values in for rankings to be able to count properly...