• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well you aren't going to spend all the money on one defender when there are so many other areas that need strengthening. Manager in a no win situation as wherever he strengthens people will say but what about needing to replace so and so.
I literally just said it's beyond stupid from an Arsenal PoV, so i'm not sure what exactly it is you're trying to convince me about?
/

duffer

Apparently Sp*rs have jumped ahead of us as favourites to sign Saliba.

Isn't life great?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is Arsenal's financial muscle so poor for a perceived big club?
The owners took a lot of money out of the club and budgeted on making the CL almost every season. They also made some disastrous financial decisions, especially holding absolutely enormous sums of cash in an era of footballing hyperinflation.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Koscielny is a player whose worth to Arsenal is far greater than whatever his market/financial value is.

It sounds like he's considering buying out the remainder of his contract, which would be itstl. Would be well within his rights to do so mind you.

Uppercut

Spurs look like they know what they’re doing in the market this summer. I’d expected the squad to crumble next season but now I think they’ll be good for 3rd.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think if I was calling the shots at Arsenal now I'd take an NFL approach to team building (or the approach taken by crap NFL teams anyway), and pour everything into one area, in this case defence.

There are other areas that in dire need of attention as well obviously, but the defence is just so bad. And at least there are some young players who look worth a shot in midfield and attack.

Also I really hope Bellerin is made captain.

Uppercut

I’m not sure there’s much Arsenal can do in the market this summer tbh. They’re hamstrung by past mismanagement. Might need to just get some good young players in and write the next couple of seasons off.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I’m not sure there’s much Arsenal can do in the market this summer tbh. They’re hamstrung by past mismanagement. Might need to just get some good young players in and write the next couple of seasons off.
I think this is the only real option tbh.

It's why botching the Tierney transfer really gets my rag. His signing makes by far the most sense when viewed through this lens. And he is affordable.

Uppercut

I think this is the only real option tbh.

It's why botching the Tierney transfer really gets my rag. His signing makes by far the most sense when viewed through this lens. And he is affordable.
Tierney at 25m would have been OK, but I wouldn’t be annoyed at missing out on him.

The problem is that everyone already knows Tierney is good. Need to be looking for more Guendouzi type deals.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Tierney at 25m would have been OK, but I wouldn’t be annoyed at missing out on him.

The problem is that everyone already knows Tierney is good. Need to be looking for more Guendouzi type deals.
Tierney's not allowed to leave Celtic under we're rubbing his face in a title triumph anyway.

Jarquis

Yeah, Tieney wouldn't be a bad signing by any stretch but he's already semi-established and the fee reflects that. Ideally we'd be looking for relative unknowns for cheaper (i.e. Guendouzi) or players with much larger projected upside for a similar fee (Saliba).

However, we do desperately need a new left back, who can compete/play immediately, and I'm not sure who's available that's a better package in terms of current ability/potential/fee.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
All you Premier League fans need to stop whinging. We (Plymouth) have so far signed the Bury manager and three backroom staff plus five players from …………. Bury.