• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We talk about Liverpool getting VAR decisions but man we’re clearing up on it this year too, just a shame we ballsed up half the pens we got from it.

The more I see Fred the more I enjoy him. Especially fan of his ****house winding up opposition, either pushing them off the pitch when they are being subbed or today’s booking.

Williams not caring who he smashes into is a nice bonus too
How the **** the officials came to the conclusion Chelsea's goal should have been disallowed is beyond me. You either play advantage or pull the game back and give Chelsea a penalty.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How the **** the officials came to the conclusion Chelsea's goal should have been disallowed is beyond me. You either play advantage or pull the game back and give Chelsea a penalty.
I'm literally the only person I've seen who holds this opinion, but it looked fine to me. Fred's is a linked-arms nudge that never, ever gets given as a penalty, Azpilicueta's is a two-hands-in-the-back that gets given as a free kick every single time.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm literally the only person I've seen who holds this opinion, but it looked fine to me. Fred's is a linked-arms nudge that never, ever gets given as a penalty, Azpilicueta's is a two-hands-in-the-back that gets given as a free kick every single time.
Azpilicueta gets pushed into Williams.

Uppercut

Azpilicueta gets pushed into Williams.
If Fred's nudge is a foul then obviously it's either a penalty or a goal. But if it's not then this doesn't hold. Azpi is running full speed, loses his balance as a result of legal contact from an opposing player, and shoves another player with both hands in the back as a result. That's just a foul.

Uppercut

Not a fan of the CL group games moving to 8pm. Won't somebody please think of the children with early bedtimes?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
We talk about Liverpool getting VAR decisions but man we’re clearing up on it this year too, just a shame we ballsed up half the pens we got from it.

The more I see Fred the more I enjoy him. Especially fan of his ****house winding up opposition, either pushing them off the pitch when they are being subbed or today’s booking.

Williams not caring who he smashes into is a nice bonus too
Not sure about Fred other than he’s better than other options atm. Matic is an issue though. He just slows down everything and it was concerning how easily Chelsea ran past him.

Enjoyed seeing Bailly and Williams showing some actual aggression. It’s been missing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Liverpool were arse tonight.

Seen a few people wondering why they'd potentially spend money on Sancho, but when you're bringing on Origi as your only bench option at half time because you've rushed Mané back then it's easy to see why you'd want him.

Uppercut

How ****ing good are Atletico at defending though. Liverpool had the ball the entire time and could barely even get near the goal.

So rare these days for a team to make the better chances with very low possession. Used to be fairly common.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha Haaland is like some sort of ridiculous cartoon superhero version of a league one striker.
He seems to be like a real life version of one of those "cheat players" we used to talk about from Pro Evolution or Football Manager.

(He's also definitely one of those players in those games as well).

Uppercut

He seems to be like a real life version of one of those "cheat players" we used to talk about from Pro Evolution or Football Manager.

(He's also definitely one of those players in those games as well).
The comparison I liked best was that he looks like the star player on the baddie team of a Disney sports movie.

Would probably also have some kind of rule-bending robotic boot that allows him to kick the ball dangerously hard.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The comparison I liked best was that he looks like the star player on the baddie team of a Disney sports movie.

Would probably also have some kind of rule-bending robotic boot that allows him to kick the ball dangerously hard.
Could easily be one of the "bad guys" from the evil bobsleigh teams in Cool Runnings.