• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
In City transfer dealings money is always an issue. It's not that they don't have it, it's that they refuse to spend (exorbitant) overs and refuse to submit to agent demands. Just look at all the transfer sagas for City over the last 2 years that could have been solved by a little more money.

The club won't pay the fee required for de Ligt, and he'll likely end up at Barca for something close to the VVD record.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In City transfer dealings money is always an issue. It's not that they don't have it, it's that they refuse to spend (exorbitant) overs and refuse to submit to agent demands. Just look at all the transfer sagas for City over the last 2 years that could have been solved by a little more money.

The club won't pay the fee required for de Ligt, and he'll likely end up at Barca for something close to the VVD record.
Yeah exactly, it always annoys me when City get **** for inflated transfer fees, they've tended to pay reasonably sensible fees for players.

In answer to Flibberty's point, I don't think they did. Chelsea were sniffing at around that price for him the year prior and £50m for the best young English defender doesn't strike me as being wildly over the top fee wise.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm a little surprised at Kompany leaving, was he not offered a new deal or has he chosen not to sign one?

I'd have thought Kompany's off field value alone would mean he was worth keeping around.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe. He knew his time was ending one way or another though. He's still good, but not the player he was, and his age has being catching up on him for a while now. It would only have been a matter of time before his decline really sped up. Calling it quits now absolutely the right decision for mine.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah exactly, it always annoys me when City get **** for inflated transfer fees, they've tended to pay reasonably sensible fees for players.

In answer to Flibberty's point, I don't think they did. Chelsea were sniffing at around that price for him the year prior and £50m for the best young English defender doesn't strike me as being wildly over the top fee wise.
Yeah I’ve never really rated Stones, but they didn’t pay any more for him than anyone else would have.

They don’t spend much more money than the rest of the top six, and economic power in the PL is much more dispersed than it was in the Abramovich era IMO. City are winning because they’re better run and have a better manager than anyone else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To read the media you'd have thought they won the title by 30 points and turned the Prem into Ligue 1 or something.

One point and took it to the last day.

Smart money is on City to retain, but backing Liverpool for next year also seems a smart bet. They've not killed football just yet.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To read the media you'd have thought they won the title by 30 points and turned the Prem into Ligue 1 or something.

One point and took it to the last day.

Smart money is on City to retain, but backing Liverpool for next year also seems a smart bet. They've not killed football just yet.
I naively thought Leicester would have killed the media routine of talking this brand of bollocks every time one team manages to pull ahead of the rest. Instead it's morphed to become ‘football is doomed, the big clubs always win except when they don’t’.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm a little surprised at Kompany leaving, was he not offered a new deal or has he chosen not to sign one?

I'd have thought Kompany's off field value alone would mean he was worth keeping around.
I'm pretty sure he was offered a 12-month contract but declined because of the opportunity to be a player/coach at Anderlecht.

Only speculation on my part but I'd say he probably also saw no better way to go out than the way he finished this year.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Miguel Delaney and Johnathan Wilson yesterday dropped some of the most blatant City hit-pieces I've seen in a while. Delaney has the gall to call City fans morally bankrupt while he works for a paper 50% owned by the Saudi's and 40% by a Russian oligarch, the ****ing **** of a bloke.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Arsenal should refuse to fulfil the fixture. It's an absolutely disgraceful situation.

So much for UEFA's #equalgame campaign.