cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 125 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2943
Like Tree374Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Never heard of them

(One of those bankrolled non league sides on the rise as seems to be the modern way)
    Haha well that was why I asked as I had a wee look at how your lot were getting on and I had legit never heard of them.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Yeah Boxing day is great, we got messed about with playing in the evening this year but it was still great, don't really feel the same way about New Year football though.

Bees have had a great Christmas, having our schedule messed about with has helped as well as it has given us bigger gaps between games.
    New Year's Day was always traditionally derby day up here (for everyone, not just Rangers v Celtic) so I guess that's where my love of New Year football comes in, have so many great memories of New Year games as a kid growing up.

Even though the last 2 years have seen us play on the 31st and 30th, it's not quite the same.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Boxing Day and New Years are derby day in the conference where possible, you play the same team both days

Nice idea in theory however three years down here and each time we’ve won on Boxing Day then lost the return. So I’m now not a fan

Also because of the imbalance in teams it didn’t really work out well for the north west and Yorkshire teams this Xmas. Tranmere, Chester and Wrexham are never going to be allowed to play each other in any combo on bank holidays. We’ve played Macclesfield the last two years bur this year they had Halifax. Fylde feels a bit too far to be a derby and Barrow would be the logical one for them. They had the goats and Chester had Guiseley. Nothing there is really a derby.

How exactly were Everton planning on replacing the goals of Lukaku?

Props to the guys here who derided those who thought they may finish top 6 and were around the same level as Arsenal.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well they have as Rooney and Lukaku both have 10 league goals this season.

Yeah so Wolves are too good for the Championship.
    Nate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Well they have as Rooney and Lukaku both have 10 league goals this season.
    He's on course to get half as many open play goals as Lukaku last year, which is admittedly better than I thought he'd do.
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 02-01-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati. Potential hater of abilities. Blocked on twitter by Michael Vaughan, Brad McNamara and AtlCricket for my hard hitting truths.

How many points have Watford taken from their last 10ish games?

Seems like they lose every week but I'm not sure if this is confirmation bias or if they've genuinely been this bad.

edit: 7 points from their last 10.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    How many points have Watford taken from their last 10ish games?

Seems like they lose every week but I'm not sure if this is confirmation bias or if they've genuinely been this bad.
    They've been on a pretty bad run but I don't think they've been terrible. Got the rub of the green a lot early in the season and aren't getting it now.

They sort of showcase what attacking football really means. Being a bit looser at the back means constantly throwing away leads, which is really frustrating for fans and tends to get worse press than if you got the same results any other way. They also don't draw many games, which again makes their bad runs feel worse than they are. If they'd drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 5 we wouldn't take much notice, but 1 win and 4 losses feels like they're constantly getting beaten. Their two first-choice CBs being injured doesn't help.

I don't think they'll go down but literally any of the teams below them could. Southampton looked easily upper-mid-table level when I watched them against Arsenal and United but they're somehow in 17th and we're getting to the point where they can't afford much more bad luck.

Drogba vs. Bergkamp doing the rounds on Twitter. Does picking Drogba make me a phillistine?

No, just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    He's on course to get half as many open play goals as Lukaku last year, which is admittedly better than I thought he'd do.
    Didn't know that and hadn't looked. Just a message on fb from William Hill that Rooney v Lukaku 10 goals each and one was free other was £75m.

Obviously set up and posted anyway before the Lukaku injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Drogba vs. Bergkamp doing the rounds on Twitter. Does picking Drogba make me a phillistine?
    Why compare 2 totally different players?

For the record Bergkamp is my all time favourite foreigner to have played in the Prem and would get into any side I was made to pick from 92 onwards.

Surely a better one for Drogba to be compared to would be Shearer? Unless the criteria was foreign forward who played for a London club.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    the xGoals club would probably calculate the net expected loss of Bergkamp's airplane phobia to settle this one
    flibbertyjibber likes this.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    the xGoals club would probably calculate the net expected loss of Bergkamp's airplane phobia to settle this one
    Seems harsh but it really doesn’t compare well to Drogba’s 2012 showing.

I was a little surprised at the Arsenal fan reaction given what Drogba did to them every single time they faced him. Might be just my memory but I don’t remember Bergkamp doing much against us either, whereas Drogba in big games almost guaranteed a major contribution. But Bergkamp was so stylish that he’s tough to be logical about, bit like Cantona for United fans.

Thread Information