• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Top three place now ours by rights. Hard to see Macc falling away enough for us to catch them but you never know. Otherwise, Wembley again I guess.
Looking like we have a top 3 place sorted now too after Rotherham lost last night, 9 points above them with a game in hand and they have 10 left. Just be gutted if we have play offs after this as we always fail in them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Very nicely done by Sevilla. Thankfully, Man Utd. won't be inflicting that ugly **** Mourinho calls "football" on the CL any longer. You can only grind so many results out.

They were pretty much the same in the Europa League last year, only got lucky on a couple of occasions and faced teams of much lower quality.
They were lucky not to be eliminated by Celtic Vigo last season.

I didn't understand why BT proclaimed last night's result as a huge shock. Sevilla have an excellent recent pedigree in Europe and United were ****ing awful in the first leg.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They were lucky not to be eliminated by Celtic Vigo last season.

I didn't understand why BT proclaimed last night's result as a huge shock. Sevilla have an excellent recent pedigree in Europe and United were ****ing awful in the first leg.
More because of the disparity in resources, transfer fees and "big-name" players, I'd imagine. I also had a strong feeling that they were in trouble after the first leg. 0-0 is a poor result, really.

They've basically become like the England NT in international tournaments. They should get 80+ points which is a good haul, they're hard to beat, and they'll probably grind their way to the FA Cup as well. They're just so ugly, and everyone heaves a huge sigh of relief when they get dumped out.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I was reminded of England yesterday. A big knockout game where you fail to defend for 90 and the players look scared to try to win.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Agreed,karma. Watch City massacre them in the quarter finals:laugh:

Sanchez?Dunno where to begin. Ideally when he was signed he was to be played on the right, but for the most part that does not seem to have happened. Not only have his performances have been poor, but his signing seems to have upset the balance of the team and possibly may lead to the premature departure of Martial who was bossing it before he arrived. Martial who seven years younger than Sanchez could be a world beater if persisted with.

Its easy to blame Jose for Sanchez losing form, as he there is history of him mismanaging those players, but there is also another concern about Sanchez which you alluded to,

Is he on the wane? It was easy to blame Wenger and Arsenal's mediocrity for his sluggish season before Christmas, but he is a player who is reliant on exlosiveness and when I watch him these days he seems a step slower than he was when he was bossing it for Arsenal. The concern for United is they may have a Rooney on there hands, a declining talent on an absolute monster salary contributing **** all.

Its premature to write him off, but initial signs are not promising.
Alexis has struggled since he joined. Maybe he just needs an offseason but he does look short of explosiveness and reminds me of Valencia just before he got moved back. He doesn't look good enough to influence tight games atm. Constantly playing him is a different problem. He has killed playing time for Rashford, Martial and Lingard while delivering nothing. Watch him without the ball. He doesn't seem to know what he should be doing. I assume at Arsenal he stood on the last man? But with Jose only Lukaku can do that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looking like we have a top 3 place sorted now too after Rotherham lost last night, 9 points above them with a game in hand and they have 10 left. Just be gutted if we have play offs after this as we always fail in them.
Tell me about it. My play-off memories are all bad ones, other than the away semi last year which was as good a night as I’ve ever had following Tranmere but counted for nothing in the end.

The play-off winners in the last two years have lost the final the season before though. I don’t believe in omens but I’ll take that one.

cpr

International Coach
Jose found it necessary to defend for 60 minutes on the 2nd leg after doing that for all the first. Utter ****e approach that was punished. This defend 1st approach that the team can't execute needs changing. Agree on Sanchez being worthless again. Great offload by Arsenal he was.

Alexis best performance in a Utd shirt is still the one in front of the ****ing piano....

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see UEFA dealing with the biggest problem facing the game. Apparently Besiktas are facing disciplinary proceedings for allowing a cat on the field during their game against Bayern Munich.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They genuinely focus on the strangest things. Like not allowing Mkhitaryan to wear 7 for us because Alexis played one game with the 7 shirt in September, etc.