• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Premier League Draft

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, well there's a few options. You can set your own rankings of players that the auto-drafting will stick to as closely as possible if you want to spend time doing that. We'll be starting 11 players with a 4 person bench, so that's 15 rounds, so 150 players ranked if you really want to be detailed but you'd probably only need to rank your top 80-100, as the back end of drafts are generally a crap-shoot and you need to get lucky. It's not hard to do the ranks, just create your team and go to the league home page, there'll be a menu called 'RANK PLAYERS' and it'll give you a list of the players available and their ranks based on their stats from last year. Shouldn't take you long.

If you're against the idea of that we can look into moving it to Thursday night (as that seems to be the only other day everyone can do) or we'll have to draft here in the thread, which I guess I'd like to start by Sunday evening.
Ranking players sounds good- I'll give that a go. Cheers for the info.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nice! If you're okay with auto-drafting according to your rankings then we really only need Pothas to let us know if he can make it, as GIMH has let me know he should be there off-site.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
If it needs to go to Thursday I'd prefer it to be closer to 9pmthan 8pm if at all possible, it's not a deal breaker though.

ripper868

International Coach
I've got the Draft date showing as for the 17th - I'm assuming it's typo since it all kicks off on this weekend? See you chaps wednesday.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Just checking on the rules beforehand so I can work out who to go for. At the moment we seem to have 3 points for an assist and 3 for an assist (fantasy) - does this make Ozil the MVP?

Also, no points for keeper goals (or for fans of Pulis-ball) assists?

ripper868

International Coach
Draft order: Dynamo Morpork, Team GIMH, Uppercut's Upper Crust, FC Odd Jobs, Team Pothas, Dynamo Groin Strain, Bayern Bru, Pep in My Step, Team Cabinet96, ABCDE FC

Time to scrub off those 9 players I half think will start every week.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just checking on the rules beforehand so I can work out who to go for. At the moment we seem to have 3 points for an assist and 3 for an assist (fantasy) - does this make Ozil the MVP?

Also, no points for keeper goals (or for fans of Pulis-ball) assists?
Ozil is one of the best players in the league, why would that be surprising?

After investigating the Fantasy Assist stat I lowered the value of it to 2, and added G and A categories to GK's (8 for a goal, 2 for an assist). Risky as those complete flukes can swing weeks, but why not eh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was reading it that an assist in that case gets 6 points which is more than a goal? Was thinking that players get both if they make an assist?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah it seems to me from the description as though the Assists (Fantasy) description is meant to be used on its own, not coupled with Assists, as some will be counted double.

Also 0 points for goals?

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think so, I think if it's a traditional assist then they get 3, if it's one of those weird assists they list under the fantasy assist category then you get 2. They don't seem to double up.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The site says Fantasy (not official Premier League) assists. These assists include ones from blocked shots, free kick goals, handballs won, own goal, passes lost, penalty kick goals, rebounds and shots off the post.

I'm a bit iffy on "passes lost"...is it the defender who put pressure on the ball carrier before he decided to pass the ball to the opposition?