• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to Russia 2018

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just when England being so crap starts getting you down Scotland go and cheer you up by not being able to beat another minnow. and nearly losing. The gift that never stops giving.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blimey Southgate has dropped Rooney. He maybe just interim, but it'll make it easier for the next manager, just hope we win easily.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It was horrible, wasn't it. So many individual errors, and one or two players just poor throughout. I'm struggling to recall a worse performance from a centre forward than what we saw from Sturridge last night - incapable of retaining possession, and equally incapable of making good decisions on the rare occasion when he did manage to control the ball. No wonder Klopp's been marking his card. Walcott wasn't much better, either.

Scaly piscine

It was horrible, wasn't it. So many individual errors, and one or two players just poor throughout. I'm struggling to recall a worse performance from a centre forward than what we saw from Sturridge last night - incapable of retaining possession, and equally incapable of making good decisions on the rare occasion when he did manage to control the ball. No wonder Klopp's been marking his card. Walcott wasn't much better, either.
Yea I wouldn't have Walcott anywhere near the squad. He's completely innocuous 99% of the time. Sturridge was abysmal, he seems to play by numbers, it's like he decides when he next gets the ball he's going to do some pirouette thing regardless. Another time he'll have a shot. I think he mentally rolls the dice and snake eyes means passing the ball.

England were just a cacophony of WTF moments. Absolute ****e. It is irritating because the Rooney wuckfit society will now say because England were **** that means it was because they 'missed' Rooney and pundits are too stupid/lazy to remember the 3-2 against Germany. England should be picking literally 50-100 players ahead of Rooney. He's not one of the best 30 or so players and there is absolutely no upside to playing him against the next bunch of players who are younger and will improve.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yea I wouldn't have Walcott anywhere near the squad. He's completely innocuous 99% of the time. Sturridge was abysmal, he seems to play by numbers, it's like he decides when he next gets the ball he's going to do some pirouette thing regardless. Another time he'll have a shot. I think he mentally rolls the dice and snake eyes means passing the ball.

England were just a cacophony of WTF moments. Absolute ****e. It is irritating because the Rooney wuckfit society will now say because England were **** that means it was because they 'missed' Rooney and pundits are too stupid/lazy to remember the 3-2 against Germany. England should be picking literally 50-100 players ahead of Rooney. He's not one of the best 30 or so players and there is absolutely no upside to playing him against the next bunch of players who are younger and will improve.
No doubt an accurate and well-researched figure.

Scaly piscine

Pretty much everyone who's played for England over the year deserves to be ahead of Rooney. As do a load of lower profile names and youth or young players. So yes 50-100 is about right.

Trying to shoehorn Rooney in, and all the bull**** whenever he plays or does not play, and the fact that he's clearly not good enough for the squad let alone the starting line up. He should have been retired, instead he is hugely detrimental to the England side regardless of whether he's on the pitch or not.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exaggerations aside, it's kind of difficult to tell how bad Rooney is. There are so many players at that level below world class that you don't have to decline by a huge amount to fall a long way down the rankings. He's definitely worse than Lingard, for example, and you could name tonnes of players roughly at Lingard's level. I'd say there are definitely a few Championship players out there better than Rooney.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can't wait for Rooney's hat-trick tonight.

If you lot don't stick 5 past us tonight then Southgate should get sacked.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone kept count of how often Stones gave the ball away in the first half? Got to be in double figures.

Good goal tbf, but otherwise horrible. We're lucky to still be ahead.

grecian

Got to say Lallana must win some sort of most-improved-player thing, if that wasn't a filthy American Idea and we are against those.

A touch of subliminal advertising coming up, it'll be Subtle

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sterling had a staggeringly bad game, even for him. Makes you long for the days of Kieran Richardson.