• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Anything can happen on the day etc, but Norrie beating Novak on grass over 5 sets would be the biggest upset of Novak's career since Istomin beat him in Australia.

Novak may lose a set but that should be it really.

Novak v Kyrgios final on Sunday, some people will be hoping both lose. :p
djokovic as usual warmed up during the 1st set and has started playing from the 2nd set onwards, should be over soon i guess...

regarding the final, it's true that both are unpopular players but have a feeling the crowd will be more in support of kyrgios on sunday...if he actually puts in the effort, that is...

Niall

International Coach
How tf did Nadal win a qf with that injury?
Because this generation aren't that great tbh.

Novak was struggling physically and 2-0 down in Oz and obviously won.

The men's side this year has been pretty bland, despite taking their respective legend to a 5th set , I never was that confident that Sinner or Fritz would get it done.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Because this generation aren't that great tbh.

Novak was struggling physically and 2-0 down in Oz and obviously won.

The men's side this year has been pretty bland, despite taking their respective legend to a 5th set , I never was that confident that Sinner or Fritz would get it done.
you mean nadal here right?

Niall

International Coach
you mean nadal here right?
Ah sorry misremembered , Novak was not in fact 2-0 down v Fritz in Aus 2021, he was 2-0 up, Fritz got it back to 2-2 and well you can guess the rest. I think their was Novak injury concerns in the match also.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I want both of them to lose. :(
Maybe they'll end up having a fight and the umpire will have to default both of them.

But yeah, Novak slightly the lesser of the two evils, even if we know he'll be utterly charmless if anyone in the crowd is deemed to be giving him less adulation than he feels he deserves.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Say what you want about Kyrgios...the **** can play tennis. I know it's only the first set, and he may well get rissoled, but at the moment he's on fire. It'll be interesting to see what he does when everything isn't going his way, but he made Novak look confused with minimal effort in that break.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Say what you want about Kyrgios...the **** can play tennis. I know it's only the first set, and he may well get rissoled, but at the moment he's on fire. It'll be interesting to see what he does when everything isn't going his way, but he made Novak look confused with minimal effort in that break.
Yup. A couple of hours of this and he'll be paying for the meal tonight.