• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
People are still resistant to it as well. Apparently Sunday Supplement were complaining that the next Newcastle manager wouldn't get complete control on transfers, and you've got people like Pulis resigning over not being completely in charge of everything. It's especially remarkable with Pulis, given his managerial skill set is quite limited.
In fairness the issue with Newcastle goes beyond the manager having control of transfers, because their owner is a ****ing ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure he'd take such a position, but I imagine most big clubs, even those which take defending very seriously, probably would not be keen on his brand of defending.
I don't agree with that. Some of it would hinder the side going forward, but it's mostly just doing what everyone tries to do anyway- just doing a better job of it. At the very least it would be incredibly useful for big away games.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Özil fanbois on twitter tearing into Fabregas' tendency to go missing/get injured as seasons progress with no sense of irony at all.

cpr

International Coach
Only watched (well, half watched) from about 55 mins onwards. Liverpool can thank Mignolet for keeping them in it though. Excellent tackle on Costa when a panicky keeper might've brought him down.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It was a great two-leg series. We should have buried them in the 1st game when we dominated, it was always going to be tough at the Bridge.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't agree with that. Some of it would hinder the side going forward, but it's mostly just doing what everyone tries to do anyway- just doing a better job of it. At the very least it would be incredibly useful for big away games.
Yeah, maybe. I was just thinking along the lines of teams like Pep's Barcelona, who defended very effectively but in a somewhat more refined manner than is typical of Pulis' teams.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The League Cup is Mourinho's cup. Other sides can't compete with their doping methods in a fourth rate competitions.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Apparently Arsenal are saving £700k on the Gabriel transfer due to changes in the value of the Euro against the Pound in the last couple of weeks. Which is crazy.