• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Rugby League World Cup 2013

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It being a World Cup, I would expect Burgess to get no more than one or two matches.

And yeah, a shame he's started to bring the grubby stuff to his game. He's a superb player. Mind you, a high shot can happen, some of his other stuff of late has been tres ordinaire IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wanted it to miss just because of the point I made before the kick but it would have been exciting if he kicked it. I actually can't believe the winger didn't try and get closer, I thought it was an obvious thing to do to gain a few metres which could have made a big difference. I've been impressed with England anyway, they've played well.

Burgey

I think Whiddup should definitely start at five eighth for their next game, and James Graham into the squad for Burgess who will doubtless be suspended.

Was a cracking start to the tourney though. Credit to England. Played very well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, enjoyed the game despite the loss.

I hate to fall into "noble defeat" territory, but we exceeded my expectations comfortably there.

Could well see a repeat of this fixture in the final.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wanted it to miss just because of the point I made before the kick but it would have been exciting if he kicked it. I actually can't believe the winger didn't try and get closer, I thought it was an obvious thing to do to gain a few metres which could have made a big difference. I've been impressed with England anyway, they've played well.
I took England with the 13.5 start so Sinfield's miss and England's goal-line errors really had me ****ting it at the end there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
There was an injured player behind the play that put Charnley off.

Though Charnley is fast as ****.
I probably have to see it again but I don't really get how an injured player would have been out of his sight.

I took England with the 13.5 start so Sinfield's miss and England's goal-line errors really had me ****ting it at the end there.
Really it would have been really unlucky for England and you as it turns out if we crossed for a try in the dying stages. 8 point margin seems about right but on another day it could have been even closer.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In the pub in Malaysia and the feed kept cutting out but the channel itself was fine. Did anyone else have this problem? It was unwatchable.

Last edited:

Burgey

Was ok here Goughy.

Jeez I enjoyed that game. I suppose it's because it's the first match in two years where the team I was supporting was in a close contest against good opposition and actually won. No wonder it all felt weird to me :renske:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Good match, hope we see more James Graham in their next few games. Was kinda disappointed with the Italians. Should've scored more points with the amount of posession they had in the second half. Pretty good goal line defence from Wales though. Travesty that Guerra didn't win Man of the Match, he was brilliant, so dangerous on that left edge. So who's your tip for the 4th semi finalist, apart from the big 3? I'm leaning towards Italy/Fiji.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good match, hope we see more James Graham in their next few games. Was kinda disappointed with the Italians. Should've scored more points with the amount of posession they had in the second half. Pretty good goal line defence from Wales though. Travesty that Guerra didn't win Man of the Match, he was brilliant, so dangerous on that left edge. So who's your tip for the 4th semi finalist, apart from the big 3? I'm leaning towards Italy/Fiji.
Won't be Italy because even if they win their group they'll have to play New Zealand in the quarters.

Barring any completely massive upsets, the quarters line up like this:

Australia v Group D Winner (Wales/Cook Islands/USA)
Group B 2nd place (Samoa/France/PNG) v Group A 3rd place (Fiji/Ireland)

New Zealand v Group C Winner (Italy/Tonga/Scotland)
England v Group B 3rd place (Samoa/France/PNG)

Which reasons to suggest that the fourth semi-finalist will be Samoa, France, PNG, Fiji or Ireland. I reckon Samoa from that lot.