• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could be worse- Forest just sacked Sean O'Driscoll after a 4-2 win and the leading candidate to replace him is Alex McLeish.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
4-2 win over Leeds at that. Victory over Leeds should come with at least a year's guarantee.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The last 24 hours providing a clear explanation why Ferguson so often acts like the EPL rules don't apply to him. Because, quite clearly, the spineless ***** at the FA agree with him. terrific team and all that, but is is dispiriting to see him regularly flounce the rules of his chosen workplace with absolute impunity.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's had more touchline bans than anyone else so clearly they do. He's fairly got away with one here but it's up to the referee (who was actually there) to decide whether to report him or not.

I like how when Fellaini gets off light he's a bit fortunate, but when Ferguson gets off light it's a conspiracy.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He's had more touchline bans than anyone else so clearly they do. He's fairly got away with one here but it's up to the referee (who was actually there) to decide whether to report him or not.

I like how when Fellaini gets off light he's a bit fortunate, but when Ferguson gets off light it's a conspiracy.
Not sure I actually commented on Fellaini, unless you're talking about someone else. Ditto any mention of it being a conspiracy. Just spinelessness afaics.

But yes, you're right about it being down to the ref, who seems to have thrown in the towel on this particular occasion. Which is probably what bugs me about the incident.

As for touchline bans, I'll take your word about how many he's had, but I would suggest it's minimal in comparison to his attempts to bully all and sundry when things aren't going his way.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Very similar photo. Great pictures.

The scorer from yesterday is a product of our youth system, a local lad who went to the same school as me and here he is celebrating with another lifelong white:

Our success this season has been built on having a bundle of local lads, a fair few of whom grew up as TRFC fans, great to see.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not sure I actually commented on Fellaini, unless you're talking about someone else. Ditto any mention of it being a conspiracy. Just spinelessness afaics.

But yes, you're right about it being down to the ref, who seems to have thrown in the towel on this particular occasion. Which is probably what bugs me about the incident.

As for touchline bans, I'll take your word about how many he's had, but I would suggest it's minimal in comparison to his attempts to bully all and sundry when things aren't going his way.
Every manager has a go when a decision goes against them; ironically enough, witness Pardew yesterday when initially the decision went against him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think Fergie's way overstepped the mark on this occasion, his conduct has been pretty appalling, but it's only moderately worse than what we see every week anyway. This, of course, shouldn't excuse him at all, but it's just sheer hypocrisy for people like Pardew to come out and put the boot in over it, Pardew himself is one of the worst coaches in the league for this sort of thing. He's only just been fined for shoving an official ffs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good round of games so far this week, gun results for Wigan and Reading, and a decent one for Soton too (despite the last min equaliser). Arsenal looking suspiciously like they might ruin it all though...