• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor game but Liverpool pretty unlucky not to get 1 of the 3 good penalty appeals. Borini looks set to be a flop (what does he do?), didn't know Sahin was playing and Gerrard is on last legs. Pepa has been dodgy for going on 2 years now, that shouldn't have gone in.

Eds

International Debutant
Poor game but Liverpool pretty unlucky not to get 1 of the 3 good penalty appeals. Borini looks set to be a flop (what does he do?), didn't know Sahin was playing and Gerrard is on last legs. Pepa has been dodgy for going on 2 years now, that shouldn't have gone in.
Pretty much agree with all this. Only real positives are Allen (looks easily our best player right now IMO) and Sterling still looking sharp. Just so sloppy.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hate Suarez so much. Such a rat.
Really is a low quality human being. Such a cartoon villian he might as well have a Dick Dasterdly-styley tache to twirl. Hacks at Diaby there to give us a relieving free kick for good measure.

Looks as low a quality Liverpool as I can recall, tbh. The Citeh game showed they can still rake over whatever embers of quality they have on occasion, but today's shown there's no consistency.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Rodgers cleared out too much without having replacements lined up or ready mate. Too much making his own stamp without thinking it through, it seems.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool nothing to worry about. Joe Allen should have stayed with Swansea if he wanted to achieve anything.

Great Arsenal performance though imo. 3 clean sheets in a row too, unheard of.

Eds

International Debutant
It's all well and good insulting footballers when they do wrong but calling someone "a low quality human being" when every interview I've read about him off-the-field suggests he's a nice guy. Bit classless, for mine. And I imagine I'll get stick for defending him. Sigh.

On a lighter note, Arsenal looked classy today. Such a technically good side all-round the pitch, with the ball at feet. Cazorla really is some player. Defense won't hold against better sides, particularly with the lack of a real holding midfielder, though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rodgers cleared out too much without having replacements lined up or ready mate. Too much making his own stamp without thinking it through, it seems.
Needs to be doing an awful lot better than this.

Henry basically committed regicide when he gave Dalglish the arse so whatever string The Kop gives Rodgers is going to be pretty short at best.

AVB or Rodgers out first? That's a question...

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh, this. Although, he's got basically nothing to spend, due to Kenny's wastefulness.

What can you say? Some daft mistakes on our end for both goals which could have been stopped. Arsenal midfield was pretty awesome, wonder how Wilshire is gonna get in. If they play like that all season Arsenal are serious title challengers. And their defense was annoyingly solid. I think Suarez had his worst game at Liverpool.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's all well and good insulting footballers when they do wrong but calling someone "a low quality human being" when every interview I've read about him off-the-field suggests he's a nice guy. Bit classless, for mine. And I imagine I'll get stick for defending him. Sigh.

On a lighter note, Arsenal looked classy today. Such a technically good side all-round the pitch, with the ball at feet. Cazorla really is some player. Defense won't hold against better sides, particularly with the lack of a real holding midfielder, though.
Must be a pravda-style press filter up there then. Not like he's a cynical cheating racist who bites people, is it?

Oh, hang on...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I mean, look at carroll's performance yesterday. Came as no surprise to anyone who has watched him in his last dozen games or so but Rodgers wanted shut and will sure regret it.

I wonder if whoever replaces Rodgers next season will use Carroll. Not sure on the terms of his loan. :ph34r:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Liverpool nothing to worry about. Joe Allen should have stayed with Swansea if he wanted to achieve anything.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Eds

International Debutant
Must be a pravda-style press filter up there then. Not like he's a cynical cheating racist who bites people, is it?

Oh, hang on...
Not even Patrice Evra argued Luis Suarez was a racist ffs. Pull the other one.

And, again, care to give any evidence he's done anything off-the-pitch to warrant the vile tag of "low quality human being"? Perfectly willing to admit he's a massive **** on the pitch, mind.