• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Del Rio release is a good thing.

Hopefully going to the last house show before SummerSlam. Hogan and Ric Flair to co-host so should be fun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shame imo. Always liked him, but the crowd never seemed to give him much of a reaction after a certain point.

The nature of his firing is itstl though. Booted for slapping one of the creative team or something.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Well, Lesnar looked ****ing DOMINANT. He just absolutely destroyed Cena. That Undertaker sit up and laugh was epic. God knows where Cena goes from here. He absolutely CANNOT just come right back and beat Lesnar. No way. They finally booked Lesnar properly this year, the way it should have been from the start. He's a killer, and un-****ing-stoppable. Interested to see where they go with him moving forward.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, watched the match this morning. I know the commentators always claim to have never seen anything like...anything...ever, but this was one occasion where it was absolutely true. In my entire time of watching pro-wrestling I have never seen a world champion, and a bona fide megastar (so far as wrestling is concerned anyway) dismantled like that. Not only did Brock come across as an absolute beast, but Cena bumped like crazy for him, he must be hurting pretty bad right now.

No way Cena is taking the title back any time soon though. In fact, unless something happens to Brock, like an injury etc... there is no way he is dropping the title to anyone until WM. One suspects we'll see a Cena rematch sometime soon, followed by some fodder challengers, including Bryan if he can get his neck back in working order, and then Reigns will face Brock at WM.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watching the card aws. Roman had to go over but I cringe every time someone kicks out of an opponents finisher.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Watching the card aws. Roman had to go over but I cringe every time someone kicks out of an opponents finisher.
Haha really? I've never really thought about it as a general rule. It's more the manner and form of the kicking out of a finisher that I might take an issue with. As long as it doesn't happen too often and it's not an under-carder kicking out of the World Champ's finisher I wouldn't usually mind this. It can be a really good way of getting someone over and making them look legit without them actually winning a match. I mean, I remember when Jeff Hardy kicked out of a pedigree a few years back. He went on to lose the match, but him kicking out made him come across as someone who could really hang with the top guys, and I remember that moment more vividly than the match itself.

duffer

Haha really? I've never really thought about it as a general rule. It's more the manner and form of the kicking out of a finisher that I might take an issue with. As long as it doesn't happen too often and it's not an under-carder kicking out of the World Champ's finisher I wouldn't usually mind this. It can be a really good way of getting someone over and making them look legit without them actually winning a match. I mean, I remember when Jeff Hardy kicked out of a pedigree a few years back. He went on to lose the match, but him kicking out made him come across as someone who could really hang with the top guys, and I remember that moment more vividly than the match itself.
Maybe I'm seeing it old skool but I like matches where the two in the ring are working hard enough to build up to one of them being dominant enough to use his finisher. I don't like seeing them as interchangeable moves you can use at any time. Just my preference.

Also didnt enjoy the ME at all. All well at Brock looking like god, but Cena was squashed in a way we haven't seen since Goldberg was around.

duffer

Also not many people would've kicked out of Sweet Chin Music, and we've all seen Bret lose in a sharpshooter ;)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, watched the match this morning. I know the commentators always claim to have never seen anything like...anything...ever, but this was one occasion where it was absolutely true. In my entire time of watching pro-wrestling I have never seen a world champion, and a bona fide megastar (so far as wrestling is concerned anyway) dismantled like that. Not only did Brock come across as an absolute beast, but Cena bumped like crazy for him, he must be hurting pretty bad right now.

No way Cena is taking the title back any time soon though. In fact, unless something happens to Brock, like an injury etc... there is no way he is dropping the title to anyone until WM. One suspects we'll see a Cena rematch sometime soon, followed by some fodder challengers, including Bryan if he can get his neck back in working order, and then Reigns will face Brock at WM.
Makes sense that this was originally planned for Bryan and the injury forced Cena to step into Lesnar's program for SummerSlam.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hopefully Cena will get some time off or something for a while. Much as I like him, he's pretty much feuded with everyone now. I think he and the fans could do with a break from each other.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully Cena will get some time off or something for a while. Much as I like him, he's pretty much feuded with everyone now. I think he and the fans could do with a break from each other.
Cena deserves time off. He is a company man. Not just what happened at SummerSlam but returning early from injury too early when needed etc. .

Im OK with Lesnar being a part time champion. There are many ways they can go with this. A possible storyline about everyone being too scared to challenge him - and given what happened on Sunday then why wouldnt they be terrified. But that doesnt work if both belts are unified. You can have one belt defended only at PPVs by Lesnar but the other needs to be free to be contested weekly.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Cena deserves time off. He is a company man. Not just what happened at SummerSlam but returning early from injury too early when needed etc. .

Im OK with Lesnar being a part time champion. There are many ways they can go with this. A possible storyline about everyone being too scared to challenge him - and given what happened on Sunday then why wouldnt they be terrified. But that doesnt work if both belts are unified. You can have one belt defended only at PPVs by Lesnar but the other needs to be free to be contested weekly.
Can only see them have Reigns continue his rivalry with HHH (and his cronies), but then that will eventually get boring given how it'd just be waiting around for Lesnar and Reigns' in ring abilities not being totally beyond doubt. Maybe Bryan can return soon? Would've been a great time for some sort of Bryan vs Punk (w/ Heyman) rivalry which would have lead into Lesnar vs Bryan, but of course that's not happening.

andmark

International Captain

Can only see them have Reigns continue his rivalry with HHH (and his cronies), but then that will eventually get boring given how it'd just be waiting around for Lesnar and Reigns' in ring abilities not being totally beyond doubt. Maybe Bryan can return soon? Would've been a great time for some sort of Bryan vs Punk (w/ Heyman) rivalry which would have lead into Lesnar vs Bryan, but of course that's not happening.

Last edited: