• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Intreresting.

I remember The Rock losing to Lesnar clean at SummerSlam 02.

The Rock, what a company man.

Cena in a similar boat it seems (haven't watched since 06 tbf but just going on what I've heard).

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Intreresting.

I remember The Rock losing to Lesnar clean at SummerSlam 02.

The Rock, what a company man.

Cena in a similar boat it seems (haven't watched since 06 tbf but just going on what I've heard).
Tbf, The Rock was going away to launch his Hollywood career full time and it was for the title.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but still, he lost clean to a heel (which is damn rare) who had been with the WWE for less than 12 months.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
One of the best opening segments to a Raw in forever. **** felt BIG TIME imo. Really fun opening. From Big Johnny's epic new theme song to Cena's busted lip, just a great segment. Having the locker room empty to separate the 2 was awesome and really put the whole thing over. Brock has never been a promo guy but I bought into everything he said. He's back to be the best and to be number one. In order to do that he's got to take out the current number one - John Cena. It isn't a personal feud, it's just a guy who kills everything around him colliding with another guy who doesn't appreciate being targeted. It's simple but good God is it intense. There's a word for you, intensity. Something that has been sorely lacking from WWE these days and something that Brock has in spades. I personally love it. The low blow and little smirk at the end was lol. Brock is easily hatable here and Cena actually looks very vulnerable. When was the last time that happened?

Brock has settled into his role a lot better than I thought he would. Last week I thought he looked kind of hesistant and I though it would take him a while to get used to having a character and playing a character again but he's made it look very natural. I also thought they might have a tough job getting the crowd to boo him but he's playing a pretty good hateable character right now, and aligning himself with Johnny is a good move to get him over as a heel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah such a great opening.

Agree with Jono, Rock always been great at putting people over. Whatever points you want to make in favour of his contemporary rivals, Rock has the edge when it comes to making other people (save Foley but he's in a different boat anyway)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Rock and Foley best guys at putting people over I can think of. Jericho not far behind. Flair and HBK also worthy of a mention.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Enjoyed the Edge/Cena promo last night. Reminded me of the "I need the OLD Stone Cold" Vince promo from the Invasion angle.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also enjoying how they're really making Lesnar look like an utter prick as well. :laugh:

His promo work has been pretty damn good since his return.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
His UFC style sit down promo was great. Interested to see what happens at extreme rules. Cant see lesnar losing his first match back in wwe, but cena losing two consecutive high profile matches also seems unlikely. Although I personally hope lesnar destroys cena and cena takes a well deserved break so that later on he can make a big comeback

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I get the feeling it might end with a sick bump/huge spot so it ends officially as a no contest, but that Brock in everything but name is the winner. Similar to the Austin/HHH match at Survivor Series in 2000. In any event, would be good for Cena to take a break, and probably will do the WWE some good to see if someone else can carry the torch for a while.

Wonder how long it will be till Lesnar gets a break as well though, as I gather he's only signed up for a certain number of appearances, and hasn't put his name down for enough for him to do a full time schedule.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I've rarely looked forward to a match as much as I am Cena Vs Brock. So fascinated to see how it goes.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Really enjoyed Extreme Rules, all three matches delivered big time, but I didnt understand the logic of Cena winning against Lesnar in his first match back after 8 years.

It was just a simple storyline, that would have made them so much money. The storyline of you've got a legit former WWE champion turned legit former UFC world champion and is 35 years old. You have him beat people and be unstoppable. The storyline turns into "WHO CAN STOP THIS BEASTLY MAN!" You do this all the way up to Taker or Rock or Steve Austin or even Cena at WM. The big pay off.

But they had him beat in his first match back and he's just a stoppable beast now. So stupid.

Such a botch job of epicness

And Post match Cena says that he is taking a long break and then comes back next day and he is scheduled to wrestle at OTL against John Lauranaitis???

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is Randy Orton so popular?

No personality, ring presence or microphone skills plus he's not very big and isn't a great wrestler