Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Have to admit Jericho's promo was classic.

Yeah, I've not seen it, but it sounded really good. Really emotive and so on.

Shouldn't be surprised I guess, the guy's capable of dragging even the crappest feud into something decent, so when he's paired up with a guy like Punk who's also incredibly good the result is always likely to be something really enjoyable.

Anyone caught the promo of the new guy "Lord Tensai"

A look at Lord Tensai - RAW Mar. 19, 2012 - YouTube

Pro Wrestling sites are reporting that this is Matt Bloom (aka A-Train), he will be hired as Personal Bodyuard for John Laurinaitis

I wouldn't mind seeing A-Train come back.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing A-Train come back.
    Meh, not very excited about it to be honest. Was never much of a fan in his runs as either Albert or A-Train. Not bad in the ring for a big guy, but his character always sucked. Would rather they gave this push to a new up and comer.

On Raw especially, how long is it before CM Punk calls him A-Train.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Shave your back chants to make a comeback.

Pretty mundane/poor last RAW before WM I think. Best thing about it was Booker T making the save for Teddy Long and joining his WM team, enjoyed that a lot.

I've got to say though, sadly I don't think the Cena/Rock feud has been built very well. Was far more excited about the way they built up WM last year, and Rock wasn't even in the match ffs. For the last few weeks all we have seen is Rock and Cena insulting each other again and again, and whilst these two are pretty much the best mic workers going, there's only so many times I can sit through this before the novelty wears off. Surely they could have had Rock interfere in a couple of Cena's matches or at least some physical confrontations where they hit finishers on each other etc... Just feel the whole thing has gone a bit flat.

Also, the fact that Jericho has only been appearing on the last few RAWs through a satellite link up (don't get me wrong, his promos have been great as usual) means that you don't really get any feeling for the animosity between him and Punk, and the build up to this feud has also suffered as a result I think.

Lack of Taker/DX on RAW this week was also pretty strange. Thought they'd be absolutely pushing everything as hard as they could given that WM is 5 days away.

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Stone Cold's response to the claim that the rock defined the attitude era:

Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Pretty mundane/poor last RAW before WM I think. Best thing about it was Booker T making the save for Teddy Long and joining his WM team, enjoyed that a lot.

I've got to say though, sadly I don't think the Cena/Rock feud has been built very well. Was far more excited about the way they built up WM last year, and Rock wasn't even in the match ffs. For the last few weeks all we have seen is Rock and Cena insulting each other again and again, and whilst these two are pretty much the best mic workers going, there's only so many times I can sit through this before the novelty wears off. Surely they could have had Rock interfere in a couple of Cena's matches or at least some physical confrontations where they hit finishers on each other etc... Just feel the whole thing has gone a bit flat.
    Agree. I think creative really dropped the ball on the Rock/Cena after EC too because they kept doing the same **** over and over again. Like they didn't know what else to do. Rock and Cena talk about how much they don't like each other a lot, so why aren't they trying to beat the hell out of each other instead of talking and singing and rapping and ****? You can still do all the promos and stuff, just mix it up with some actual, y'know, fighting.

Yeah, (this might not be a very fair comparison, as it was one of the best built feuds ever imo) but they should have built it in a similar way to Rock vs Austin at WM17. Few promos, a few happenstance in ring confrontations which create further simmering intentions. A few run ins. Mix it up a bit in any case.

It's like you say, what we've seen for the last few weeks is basically the same promo again and again but modified slightly. It begins with one of them making a few wisecracks and jokes about the other. Then the other one comes out, responds with a few wisecracks and jokes. We continue with this lighthearted comedy exchange until one of them goes too far and hits a nerve, then they get all serious and say how much they loathe each other and how they will be the one leaving WM the winner. Big waste of the two talents imo.

It's a shame, because Rock is a precious commodity to the E, and so for them to use him up in this way and wear his novelty away means that, for me at least, I'd be more excited about this match if he had actually been on RAW less over the last few weeks.

Having said all that, I'm sure the match/moment/spectacle at WM will be all kinds of kick ass, but it's just a shame it wasn't built better so that I could really really get into it as a mark. Maybe we're just spoilt as fans these days, I dunno.

It was a testament to how awesome The Rock vs. Austin WM 17 feud was that it could have been ruined by them having a whole thing regarding Austin cracking it at Debra being hit etc. Was such lame writing yet the sheer awesomeness of The Rock and Austin made sure it didn't spoil the build up.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Taking Burgeinho to see the WWE in Sydney in August.

Should I be excited, and if so, who are the guns to look out for?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information