• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Went through a similar crisis after visiting the UK SS. Picked Celtic in the SPL due to my Scottish family being Celtic fans but couldn't decide on an EPL team. I stayed in Fulham when in London so decided to go for Chelsea, but then they went on to win the FA cup so there went that.

Have been somewhat interested in Everton since then though, but never pursued it.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went through a similar crisis after visiting the UK SS. Picked Celtic in the SPL due to my Scottish family being Celtic fans but couldn't decide on an EPL team. I stayed in Fulham when in London so decided to go for Chelsea, but then they went on to win the FA cup so there went that.

Have been somewhat interested in Everton since then though, but never pursued it.
Why didn't you pick Fulham if you stayed in Fulham?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tottenham Plus
  • Based in London
  • Call themselves the "Jew Army"
  • Won a trophy in each of the last six decades
  • They hate arsenal, and CW has arsenal fans..I will own that thread
  • Fans also passionate and pack houses even in away games

Tottenham Minus
  • Symbol is a gamecock (?)
  • Uniforms are not Prisoner Classic
  • They actually have a moto
  • Sponsored by a gambling company (Would normally be a plus, but you can't beat a beer company, especially a decent beer company)

Hmmmm
T*ttenham fans are the most bitter and deluded supporters this side of, well, anywhere. Arsenal relocated from Woolwich in south London to Islington in 1913 & they've never quite got over it. They used to consol themselves that they were the morally superior option because they played attractive football, whereas Arsenal favoured a more yeomanish approach, but under Wenger The Arsenal have become a byword for stylish football. & still always outperform them.

Anyway, surely The Arsenal is the team for you? Named after a repository for weapons and founded by mutions workers at said Woolwich Arsenal.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
From these choices i'd guess you'd go Newcastle. They should really re-establish themselves in the prem and down the line Europe (maybe not CL) is a possibility for them plus cups.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Everton are a decent bet. Have a beer as a sponsor and have violent fans, play entertaining football and will never win anything.

cpr

International Coach
In fairness SS, Newcastle is a bloody good city to visit. Less of the fancy poofy types, unlike London.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like I need an EPL side for the time being too actually. Not much fun supporting a Championship team from another country, could do with a second side so there's more to watch.

None of them really appeal though tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know anything about the sport, so I have nothing personal against Man U...but I know they're the richest and probably the most successful club in football, and that's just bandwagon jumping. Being a fan of a team should be reserved for people born in the area or who stuck with them through thick and thin (if there ever was a thin). Same with Chelsea...aside from the cool factor of a Russian mob boss owner, they're the champions, so you can't really call yourself a legitimate fan by picking them right now.
I don't think they are either of those things actually, although you've definitely made the right decision in not choosing them.

Meh, I'd convince you to go lower league but it's a fair point that you wouldn't be able to watch them. The definite no-nos are as follows:

Man U
Bolton
Everton
Liverpool
Blackburn (nothing against Ausage I just hate Sam Allardyce more than Ricky Ponting)

TBH I hate myself for what I'm about to say but IMO you should go for Blackpool or West Brom. I'm no big lover of either, don't mind West Brom but dislike Blackpool. However they both are a fair shout for relegation this season, but given that you've ruled out a big four, then the most exciting season you can have is a relegation dogfight, and UIMM it's something you don't get in America.

On reflection, go with West Brom. Not likely to have a great season but a decent chance of survival, likely to be exciting and nervewracking.

Now can we get a separate footy thread for you so I don't have to put up with you all year? :ph34r:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not Arsenal just not Arsenal. I wouldnt be able to read your posts if you did. No thank you.

Indipper

State Regular
SS you strike me as a Tottenham man. As an American you are clearly used to jealous ****s exercising their inferiority complexes at your expense. This will happen a lot if you support the Tots, but I think you'd be able to cope.