• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pffft, "rubbished". It's The Guardian (formerly The Manchester Guardian), not The Sun.

Ferguson denied it, but then he would, wouldn't he?
Fergie could be telling the truth too. I mean, he could be complete crap, you can believe whoever you want to believe. Truth is, none of us will have the slightest idea how good he is until we see him play.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
For all I've said about the Gentleman's Agreement, I'm sure sometime in the future it'll be worked around somehow or changed to suit someone.

vcs

Mikel Arteta will never be called up by England | Mail Online

Disappointing he cant play for ENG. With Scholes not wanting to come back & Hargreaves forever down - the midfielder lacks so much.

Also obviously means ENG cant tempt Denilson to play for us either next year.

BBC Sport - Football - Everton's Joseph Yobo joins Fenerbahce on loan

Surprising this IMO. Always saw him as a fixture for Everton.
You mean Arsenal's Denilson? Surely England can find better players than him?

Uppercut

Fifa say you have to have been a resident in your new country at the time at which you played at youth level for your old country.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Mikel Arteta will never be called up by England | Mail Online

Disappointing he cant play for ENG. With Scholes not wanting to come back & Hargreaves forever down - the midfielder lacks so much.

Also obviously means ENG cant tempt Denilson to play for us either next year.

BBC Sport - Football - Everton's Joseph Yobo joins Fenerbahce on loan

Surprising this IMO. Always saw him as a fixture for Everton.
Hahahahaha, if that post is not in jest then it's one of the worst I've seen.

Craig

World Traveller
Didn't stop New Zealand from picking Rory Fallon :unsure::blink:

Anyway, should Joe Hart play on the weekend, Shrewsbuty Town stand to collect £500,000, because it would be his competitive international debut. How much difference would that money make to a club Shrewsbury's size?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You mean Arsenal's Denilson? Surely England can find better players than him?
For young mid-fielders only Wilshire & Rodwell (to a level) are better.

So if he could have qualified under residency rules next-year. I think he was worth tempting, since i have a sneaky feeling Brazil would have continued to overlook him, given the lack of first-team oppurtunity time he gets @ Arsenal.

sledger said:
Hahahahaha, if that post is not in jest then it's one of the worst I've seen.
SMFH.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Barcelona have become more hated after this summer certainly.
They have even acted badly than madrid who after tapping up atleast make decent bids.

Ferdinand? What's that got to do with him?

That ban for just abusing officials is ludicrous.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
What a difference two weeks make – at least in football. A fortnight ago, Bebe’s exclusion from a reserves match was used by the media to question the Portuguese player’s ability. Since then, Bebe received his first call-up to the Portuguese U-21 National team silencing a few of those critics in the process.

Reports have now filtered out from Portugal that the young forward impressed during his first training session on Monday by scoring a hat-trick. Apparently, the third goal was an impressive bit of spontaneous skill which had Bebe’s team mates applauding the player’s imagination and ability.

With his back to goal and still sat on the ground after a challenge, Bebe received the ball, dinked the ball up with his right foot and then hooked it into the far post drawing applause from his team mates.
http://www.redforcerising.net/2010/09/02/bebe-scores-hat-trick-in-training-for-portugal-u-21/

cpr

International Coach
TBF to that article, it does highlight what others are missing, its not just about his skill as a footballer, he is adjusting to a completely new lifestyle... By which I dont just mean moving country, I mean moving from the bottom into quite frankly riches.