• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
AC Milan coule be fairly strong again now potentially with some of their signings.

-------------------------------------------------------------Abiatti---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zambrotta---------------------------------Nesta------------------Yepes/T Silva----------------------------Antoni/Jankulovski

---------------------------------------------------Ambrosini-------------Pirlo---------------------------------------------------------------

Pato-----------------------------------------------------Ronaldinho------------------------------------------------------------Robinho

---------------------------------------------------------Ibrahimovic---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus with a decent blend of youth & experience on the bench. The Rossoneri could be a dangerous team again in Europe this year.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
AC Milan coule be fairly strong again now potentially with some of their signings.

-------------------------------------------------------------Abiatti---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zambrotta---------------------------------Nesta------------------Yepes/T Silva----------------------------Antoni/Jankulovski

---------------------------------------------------Ambrosini-------------Pirlo---------------------------------------------------------------

Pato-----------------------------------------------------Ronaldinho------------------------------------------------------------Robinho

---------------------------------------------------------Ibrahimovic---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus with a decent blend of youth & experience on the bench. The Rossoneri could be a dangerous team again in Europe this year.
Central midfield and defence is garbage IMO.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AC Milan have always had poor goalkeepers... never really rated Dida and he's been the best I can remember in a while.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Central midfield and defence is garbage IMO.
Nesta, Jankuloski, Zambrotta obviously passed their peak. But i wont be so quick to call them garbage yet, their experience could be vital. Plus the likes of Antoni, Montelengo, Silva, Papastathopoulos (who was very good @ Genoa last season) given them some decent defense depth i would say.

No mid-field with Pirlo in is medicore. Old warriors like Ambrosin & Seedorf along with Flamini could form a solid mid-field base for Zlatan/Ronaldiho/Pato/Robinho.

Overall i'll be keeping my eye on them this season. If others wish to right them of, no prob.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nesta, Jankuloski, Zambrotta obviously passed their peak. But i wont be so quick to call them garbage yet, their experience could be vital. Plus the likes of Antoni, Montelengo, Silva, Papastathopoulos (who was very good @ Genoa last season) given them some decent defense depth i would say.

No mid-field with Pirlo in is medicore. Old warriors like Ambrosin & Seedorf along with Flamini could form a solid mid-field base for Zlatan/Ronaldiho/Pato/Robinho.

Overall i'll be keeping my eye on them this season. If others wish to right them of, no prob.
Antonini is poor, not worthy of playing for a team of Milan's calibre at all.

Seedorf has never been a "warrior" at any point in his career, and Ambrosini is just flat out mediocre. Pirlo is great, but can't tackle at all, so really need someone with some bite alongside him to support the defence. Which Flamini probably is capable of to be fair.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disagree, VdV is a class act, Spuds will ruin him though because Twitchy's a **** and bought a sulk to play in a position where he didn't need anyone else.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha imagine VDV has gone to Spurs now. When United could have really got him when they sold Ronaldo to Madrid.

Jarquis

Well it's bizarre, Spuds are obviously going with Bale on the left side of midfield, leaving Kranjcar, Modric and VdV to battle it out for 1 spot? 2 if they go with one upfront?

Jarquis

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No way would he be at Man Utd for just 8m. Yesterday Bayern were going to sign him for 18 but then pulled out. It's only because Madrid want rid and Spurs jumped in at the right time. If it was us though he'd cost at least 12 and too much of a punt for someone of his age.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, well look @ that. SAF a legend & all, but some of the players he has bought post Ronaldo such as Obetran & Diop, where head scratching.

He missed a great trick IMO not gettin both Robben (although i'm not sure if he would have wanted to come back to ENG so quickly after leaving Chelsea) & Sneijder as part deal for the Ronaldo sale, which would have been better than just VDV. Seeing them do so well last season for club & country further highlighted this mistake.