• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There should be no defence for Webb's WC performance, he completely bottled making any sort of decisions whatsoever. Worst refereeing performance in a major final I can remember.
Jock in not rating English in World Cup or displaying any footballing knowledge whatsoever shocker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Need to get Arshavin off, not looking up for it at all. Van Persie or Vela to be on within 10 mins I'd say.

Jarquis

Come on, cole was clearly just trying to close them down. It wasn't clever and nobody has said it was, but if you think he has gone out there with instructions to break some legs then you're just wrong
Well I don't understand how you can say he's not that sort of player when he's lunged in two footed and very nearly injured the guy.
I'm not calling him a sociopath, or Joey Barton.
But saying he's not the sort of player who does things like that.... right after he's done something like that is a bit silly, no?
If he's not that sort of player, why did he do it? Why lunge in two footed if you're such a smashing chap?

Jarquis

Yeah, since going behind there's been no heart. Is going to be a horrible season. Shoddy at the back and our supposed attacking prowess is a bit meh.
I know we're understrength missing Cesc and RVP but it's still a bit turd.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I don't understand how you can say he's not that sort of player when he's lunged in two footed and very nearly injured the guy.
I'm not calling him a sociopath, or Joey Barton.
But saying he's not the sort of player who does things like that.... right after he's done something like that is a bit silly, no?
If he's not that sort of player, why did he do it? Why lunge in two footed if you're such a smashing chap?
Completely twisting my argument and taking it out of context tbh.

He's not a malicious player and I don't believe he is the sort who would deliberately set out to hurt an opponent.

That doesn't mean it wasn't stupid, but it wasn't a case of Cole being given the instruction to hurt your lot.

Wilshere's tackle was stupid too, was that a coincidence?

I actually agreed last season that teams did/do set out to get amongst you, but to say that is what has happened here is laughable

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think Liverpool might hit on the break in a moment. Arsenal having to go gung-ho probably won't end well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really rolling the dice here by bringing of the supposed defensive minded midfielder, but nothing to lose at this point I suppose.

Jarquis

I actually agreed last season that teams did/do set out to get amongst you, but to say that is what has happened here is laughable
Of course I'm taking the piss. Just the fact every single ****ing time it happens, the same old lines are reeled out.
"He's an honest player"
"He's not that sort of player"
"We all know that's not the way he goes about the game".
**** off.
I don't see how you can even begin to attempt to defend it. He made a **** tackle, and got sent off for it. Save your character testaments for when they matter.
You say they're not defending Cole, but why else bring up the fact that "he's not that sort of player"? ****.

Scaly piscine

Probably tempting fate but I still haven't a clue what the fuss was about over Chamakh.

He is supposed to be a targetman/striker type and his goalscoring record is complete turd.

Jarquis

An attacking lineup we've got here. Need a goal though.

Should've been Gerrard's second yellow a minute ago as well, not his first.

Jarquis

Probably tempting fate but I still haven't a clue what the fuss was about over Chamakh.

He is supposed to be a targetman/striker type and his goalscoring record is complete turd.
Scored more headers than anyone else in the top 5 European leagues over the last 5 seasons. *shrugs*

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Do some research on how defensive the French league is you ****wit.

How the **** you can slate my supposed lack of football knowledge and not know something like that is beyond ironic.

cover drive man

International Captain
Genuine question: How did a player like Joe Cole manage to just fall out of the Chelsea squad, not get a game in the world cup and settle with a mediocre side like Liverpool?

Also, I think Liverpool have a chance at the league this season :ph34r: