Page 20 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.
    Be interesting to see how UEFA react to that story, Barcelona being far and away their favourites and all that.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Got no issues with us signing him, as long as we get another center back and a goalkeeper as well. Would rather a backup for Song as well. If that happens it'll be our best transfer window ever tbh.
    You're right in saying, positionally, he's the last player we need. But in terms of quality, he's exactly the sort of player we should be going after.
    Yeah probably true enough, like you say though, other positions have to be the priority. Reckon we still need another striker, the combination of Van Persie (great but can guarantee he will miss 60% of the season), Eduardo (you've not got it anymore son), Bendtner (not very good), Chamakh (unproven and potentially the next Adebayor) and Vela (looks promising but also another small player with lots of pace and skill but no muscle) isn't exactly the best looking lineup we could ever hope for.

Oh and for mine, the best transfer window for Arsenal in my experience would have to be the time Pires, Wiltord and Lauren all signed. That was a truly epic time.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah probably true enough, like you say though, other positions have to be the priority. Reckon we still need another striker, the combination of Van Persie (great but can guarantee he will miss 60% of the season), Eduardo (you've not got it anymore son), Bendtner (not very good), Chamakh (unproven and potentially the next Adebayor) and Vela (looks promising but also another small player with lots of pace and skill but no muscle) isn't exactly the best looking lineup we could ever hope for.

Oh and for mine, the best transfer window for Arsenal in my experience would have to be the time Pires, Wiltord and Lauren all signed. That was a truly epic time.
    Yeah, we'll only see another striker come in if Eduardo goes IMO. You're harsh on Bendtner though
    I think that those lot would struggle to miss with Arshavin, Cesc, Ozil and Nasri laying it on a plate for them every 2 minutes.

The season you mention was awesome, but think about what I was saying we could have.
    A keeper, 2 center backs, a defensive midfielder, Ozil (and a striker?). As well as getting rid of Sylvestre.
    That's like all the improvements people have said we've needed over the last 3 years and offloading the biggest piece of deadwood ever.

Oh and.. http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle517849.html lol.
    Last edited by Marcuss; 07-07-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Wasn't that before windows were introduced?
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    So er Ritchie Jones eh, should take us up.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Apparently Joe Cole to Arsenal is done and dusted. Expect it soonish pending a medical. Staying London was the major motivation for him it was said.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave View Post
    So er Ritchie Jones eh, should take us up.
    A solid enough midfielder good passer and tackler but lacks a bit of pace to go any further really. We have kept worse players than him though suprised he was released tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Apparently Joe Cole to Arsenal is done and dusted. Expect it soonish pending a medical. Staying London was the major motivation for him it was said.
    Interesting, we seemed to have fallen out of the race with Liverpool and Spurts still chasing. Will sit tight and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
    "Arsenal fans, keep on supporting Arsenal, another invincible team is on the way."
    Apparently Schwarzer is on his way, failed first medical but pased his second.

Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    BBC Sport - Football - Barcelona fail to pay player wages for June

Maybe some good news for Arsenal in their quest to keep Cesc with the news that Barcelona failed to pay the players wages for June and have some financial problems.

Still can't get my around the statement from the new chairman that they are going to release 50 million euros + any transfers recieved for new signings yet can't pay the day to day bills

Looks like financial mismanagement in football isn't just restricted to England.
    The overall debt levels in Spanish football are around the 3.2b euro mark according to an article I read recently. I posted the link a while back. That can't be sustainable or even true to some degree, because why the **** didn't Tenerife go bankrupt when they got relegated.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    The overall debt levels in Spanish football are around the 3.2b euro mark according to an article I read recently. I posted the link a while back. That can't be sustainable or even true to some degree, because why the **** didn't Tenerife go bankrupt when they got relegated.
    This is why I pointed out that La Liga is in poor shape (despite having some fantastic players) in the "Is the English Premier League the best in the world?" thread. It seems club football as a whole is a bloated, financially unsustainable mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    European football is ****ed.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Apparently Schwarzer is on his way, failed first medical but pased his second.
    A fairly dubious sign. Is going to be hilarious fun watching Arsenal next year if these sorts of rumours keep turning out to be true.

Is just a knee problem that he has, was assessed by an independant doctor who said he was fine.
    We're stalling as we're still eyeing up Eduardo supposedly.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Is just a knee problem that he has, was assessed by an independant doctor who said he was fine.
    We're stalling as we're still eyeing up Eduardo supposedly.
    'This smudge here that looks like my fingerprint, nooo, that's trauma!'
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Thread Information