• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
"I can't speak for other clubs to be honest with you but we are comfortable with the squad we've got," said Ferguson. "We've bought players at the right time of the season, and we are quite happy with that.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
You're just sure now?:laugh:

Most likely they have. Their American businesses are faltering so safe to assume so.
The club overall in terms of the debt situation has been skint for a while and overall the parent company except last year made losses(though they are reducing).

What i meant here was that this summer we don't have much money to spend in the transfer market.I.e we are skint in that respect too.

Craig

World Traveller
Serbian left back Aleksandar Kolarov to Man City in an €18m deal, according to reports in Italy.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We've just signed Danny Wilson. Any Rangers fans here? Is he as good as he is touted?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
We've just signed Danny Wilson. Any Rangers fans here? Is he as good as he is touted?
He's still quite raw, but he's the most talented prospect I've ever seen in the flesh. Looked incredibly comfortable in a shocking Champions League campaign. Reads the game brilliantly for someone so young, good in the tackle, copes fine with the physical side of the game, and he's an absolutely fantastic passer. When he was still playing in the U19 side, whenever he got the ball at his feet, everyone's hands would shoot up looking for a pass, regardless of where they were on the field.

Can't say I blame him for wanting to leave us, we're a total mess right now, but I really wish we could have kept him for a year or two longer.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How would they get a work permit for him? Same thing I have wondered about Denilson. Well aside from handing out a few brown paper bags with a large wad of cash in them.
Mame Birame Diouf managed to get one at united,coming from the Norwegian league despite having represented senegal in just 1 game and that too as a substitute in a friendly.

I think Neymar will also certainly get through on the special talent rule. The transfer fee of probably over 20 million pounds will ensure that and also the fact that Brazil can really only play 11 players at a time and produce loads and loads of quality ones that don't get into the team.
I think it also depends on the Various agreements of the British state and relations with the players countries to some extent.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How would they get a work permit for him? Same thing I have wondered about Denilson. Well aside from handing out a few brown paper bags with a large wad of cash in them.
3 ways:

1. Players who are obviously talented can circumvent work permit regulations if they can add to the game in the UK.

2. If Neymar has some European ancestry that entitles him to an EU passport, then there's no need for a work permit.

3. Chelsea don't get him but sign him anyway and loan him to a Spanish side for 2 years. Spanish nationality laws entitle anyone from Latin America to Spanish nationality after 2 years residence in Spain. Once he has his Spanish passport, he doesn't need a work permit.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think a transfer fee of near 20 million pounds or more by the current English Champions almost guarantess a permit under the special talents rule.