Page 291 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 17060
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: A.F.L. Thread II

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I didn't look at the ticket until later in the night when the match had started. Was using one of those machines with the touch screens which are ****ed. So gutted aws.
    Thought you may have seen the ticket and thought it was the universe telling you the Dogs were going to win.

Had a mate who had money on Berdych to win Wimbledon last year, and had a hedge in the market to arbitrage. The hedge never got through so he believed that it was the universe telling him that Berdych was going to win so he let it ride.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    So many footballers have admitted this is the case, including teams who have given up leads many times (be it against the one club or over the last few games) and when the other team starts to get a run on they admit it.

But Benchy knows more about footy than everyone, including former players.
    I have never ever ever heard a player say they think about past match ups when they're in the heat of the game. In fact I'm certain you have made that up.

I know millions of cases of coaches and players in press conferences when quizzed on whether the oppositions past good record will have a bearing on the game have laughed it off and said it's all in the past.

I know as playing the game at a reasonable level you never ever think about anything other than the game it's in. What an silly assertion to suggest otherwise.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

To state I made that up is pretty insulting. FFS you can act like a dick when you debate sport.

I can confirm that Brereton and Lucas have said as much this year when discussing the leads St Kilda gave away vs. Hawthorn and Essendon were giving away in 2006. They said if it happens twice in a row, it becomes entrenched that when the opposition gets a run on they wonder if the same shattering thing will happen again.

And obviously current coaches aren't going to admit it. Clearly former players were who I was referring to.

Coaches and players will toe the "one week at a time" / "new week this week" / "only worth 4 points" line in public every single time.

To state I made that up is pretty insulting. FFS you can act like a dick when you debate sport.

I can confirm that Brereton and Lucas have said as much this year when discussing the leads St Kilda gave away vs. Hawthorn and Essendon were giving away in 2006. They said if it happens twice in a row, it becomes entrenched that when the opposition gets a run on they wonder if the same shattering thing will happen again.
    That is totally different than having the past record vs a certain team dictate your mind set. The situation you're talking about is doubting your teams fitness.

And I'm near certain you're making up a player saying they think about last time teams matched up when they're playing.

That's pretty cool. Hope it happens.

Would it even be possible to play a game over there given the wather? You hear about Dean Jones ****ting himself whilst batting, imagine what the players would experience doing 20km of high intensity work.

That is totally different than having the past record vs a certain team dictate your mind set. The situation you're talking about is doubting your teams fitness.

And I'm near certain you're making up a player saying they think about last time teams matched up when they're playing.
    It's not fitness when you're giving up a lead half way through the 2nd quarter.

Anyway I will endeavour to determine which players mentioned remembering past matches with teams and what happened, particularly in the 80s. Dermie was one, I will try and think of the other player.

Would it even be possible to play a game over there given the wather? You hear about Dean Jones ****ting himself whilst batting, imagine what the players would experience doing 20km of high intensity work.
    Ideally they won't play in the seasonal conditions where Jones played test cricket. They should play in a cooler period (from what I read there is a bit of disagreement between the clubs as to when to play).

What/when are the seasons in India?

Given they could only really play December - March wouldn't that coincide with the tough conditions?

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Shame to hear about Boof'ead but at least the Hawks passed another mini test of their top 4 credentials. Cats just have so many class players who can step up in the key moments. Still think will struggle against the Pies at full flight though I reckon.

The Crows might as well be patient. If they think Craig is the man, it's obvious that even at 100% capacity the current crop couldn't seriously threaten a top 4 side. A year(s) of development has to be taken and a slide down the ladder to get a low pick might well be worth it in the long run.

Also, how **** is the AFL website for such a professional and massive organisation, lags so often, they need a streamlined version for people who just want stats + scores and don't have 2 minutes to wait between page loads

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    It's all telstra. Believe it or not it's gotten much better. But it's a telstra site on behalf of the AFL. And it's a shame they contiune to run it

And I'd argue that **** all development is being accomplished this season.....
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    scully gone pretty much. Same with Walker and Palmer. Callum Ward getting offered a ****-load. Don't get this at all from Sheedy/Choco tbh. This season the 20-23yos the season after 24yo up?
    Last edited by Spikey; 11-06-2011 at 08:13 PM.

For those in Melbourne, at 2pm Channel 7 are having their Footy Flashbacks show dedicated to Richo's career!

Should be awesome

Thread Information